Rally

davebennington

Has anybody given the thought to a rally or meeting of Heartland owners? We would be interested if something like this could get started.

Dave:)

Rick

:) Sounds good to me, hope it is somewhere in between Fla and Ill. Rick & Sandi (TIN CAN TOURISTS)

davebennington

Ok

We have at lest 3 people that's start. All we have to do is find a place and time. As far as money, pictures of dead people why try to keep them.

Dave

davebennington

If someone has ideas as to when and where to hold something like this I would be happy to help set it up send me a PM or email (day881@buggs.net). I have never tried to attempt something like this before, do pick a spot first or a time of year first. Suggestions? Help?

I guess the first order would be to try to reach all of the Heartland owner Maybe a post on the other sites?.

Dave:)

jbeletti

Nancy and I are game.

How about June 2006 at the Granger, IN KOA. The date is far enough away to plan for. The location is near the factory for tours and scheduled repairs.

Jim

HTWT

HTWT
Looks like 1250 miles for me, but you know what, we might just make it happen. I need to do something with my time, will seriously look into it.

J

Jeff

Another Suggestion!

HI Folks:

Here's another thought.

We need to figure out how many Heartland Owners are interested in this Rally?

I can put out a mass message to all the registered members and see how many responses back. Included in the message would be a short questionaire to find out how many are willing to come, how many days everyone thinks we should hold the RALLY for, (I'd say at least 3 days) and then find out where everyone would have to be traveling from to get there?

Now, that all being said, We might want to consider a more Centrally located location, where there is alot of activities available.

Brenda and I vacationed in Branson, MO this year and found a very nice RV Park, just south of Branson and could probably accomodate the Rally very easily. A nice swimming pool and covered Pavillion for cook outs. See link below. And best of all, there is Entertainment Galore! Recreation to be had as well, 3 lakes, boat rentals, the whole 9 yards.

Branson is not quite in the middle of the US, but pretty close! Making the trip from the East Coast or West Coast not too bad!

Just some thoughts. Of course pre-planning and coordination is essential on this. First thing is to figure out how many owners would be interested in coming and go from there!

Just my 4.5 cents worth.

Here's the link for the Branson Park:

http://www.bransoncampground.com/index.htm

This is really a great place to stay and check what they offer too!

You all take Care.

Jeff

HTWT

HTWT
Jeff, Branson is nice. Our first (and only long trip with the BH so far) was a 3,000 miler from NM to KY and back. On the way home we were traveling through MO and when we got to Springfield, I don't know why but I hung a left and went to Branson. Not planning the side trip and not really having any time, I got out the ole KOA book and next thing I knew we were there. Nice park, no cable where we were at. Also, I carry a lot of wood and the usual plastic levelers, used every bit of it but we were level. Looking at the campground you were at, looks like it was almost across the street from the KOA. We didn't get to go to the strip or see anything, didn't have much time but the area was beautiful. I will say that diesel knew the BH was behind it on some of those hills....all in all it did well. If I can get time off from work we'd like to attend. Being this far out we just may make it. Thanks.

J

Jeff

Planning is Everything!

The Planning for this will have to start now or very soon.

RV parks like to know well in advance of any Rally's so they can block space.

HTWT: The Ozark Country Campground is toward Table Rock Lake and not really close to the KOA. A very nice park, reasonable rates and Cable TV. The folks that run it are Super Nice and usually spring for one of the cookouts on Sundays, you just have to show up with your plate and drink!

Of course again, the planning has to start now. And I know it's hard to commit this far out. I've got an Email into the park already and waiting on a response from them to see what kind of Lead time they need.

I'm figuring on a Rally PARK Rate in the Low to Mid $20.00 range. You won't get that at a KOA!

Anyway, just more Food for thought.

You all take Care.

Jeff

Rick

:D Well need to talk to better half and get the ok, but June of 06 gives us plenty of time to plan. Sounds like a good time. Rick & Sandi (TIN CAN TOURISTS)

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
Count us in if it the 1st. part of June 06. Sounds like a lot of fun and get to know one another a little more, and may compare ideas that each have done. Evans & Lana

DJGood

Hey Jeff
I think that is a great idea. We would be very interested in attending a Rally and of course anything we can do to help with the planning, I would be more than happy to help with.
It is going to be hard to find a date that most people will be happy with, but we have to start some place. June sounds good, most people it seems takes a vacation around that time. And given enough notice, maybe people will work around this event.
Well, anything I can do to help with this, please do not hesitate to send me an email at dgoodnough@imscsusa.com.
Sounds like fun!
Chris and Debi

Tom of Ypsi

A rally sounds real good. It would be pretty impressive to see a whole bunch of Heartland products in one big group and who knows, maybe Heartland would even volunteer with something just for showing off their products enmass.

Even though it does not pertain to us, early June might be too early for families with kids. Up here in Michigan most schools do no close until around the second week of June. Just some food for thought.

Tom & Judy Atkinson

rosco

Hi Jeff and the gang, Like I said in my PM if my missus is ok...We :)will be there.... it would be fun to get together and have a laugh or two.... Rosco

Scott

Heartland Owners Rally

Hey folks, this is Scott from Heartland. Regarding the subject of a Heartland owners rally or gathering - many of you have emailed me about the possibility of such an event. We think it would be great and even discussed trying to put something together for next summer. While it would be great, and I hope you do have gatherings out and about the country as Jeff suggests, we would also love to see at least one Rally near the factory, either in Granger as Jim suggested, or in Goshen (at the fairgrounds where they hold the Escapees Rallys) where you could have easy access to the Heartland factories, as well as the RV History Museum, Amish country, and even visit any one of a number of other RV factorys for comparrison or just info. You may think it's funny for me to suggest you folks taking other factory tours, but to be honest, we tend to come out really well when people get a good look at what is underneath some of the competition.
Other reasons for having one close to the factory are as Jim mentioned, the possibility of having our factory guys work on any issues that you may be having with your coach, as well as our ability to be involved in sheduling and catering meals, events, etc.
Just a thought. We'd love to see something come together and would be interested in helping facilitate it from our end.

ST

Last edited: