RAM with puck towing package

happykraut

Can anyone tell me if a 57x18x21.3/4 RDS fuel tank will fit a 2015 Laramie 3500 diesel 4x4 SRW SB. My concern is the distance between the front of the bed and the pucks. I have not been able to find a tank that will fit under a 3-fold tonneau cover. How many inches do I have to play with? Thanks in advance.

whp4262

Give this web site a try. http://www.attatank.com. They are located in Fort Worth and pretty good to deal with. I put the 50 gallon aux tank with the freedom fill system in my Duramax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rrloren

I have the 37 gal. RDS tank and it fits with plenty room in my Ram short bed. I also have a 4fold cover and have no clearance problems.

happykraut

Rrloren I called RDS this morning for the 3rd time. I was told that they do not make a tank for my RAM that will fit.
whp4262 ATTA does'nt make any gravity feed tanks which is what I wanted. However I did order the AT45RBR without the pump for $606. I'm having it shipped to a weld shop that I've dealt with in the past. He will weld a threaded bushing onto the bottom of the tank. The filler cap is vented, so it should work just fine. Thanks you saved my day.

GOTTOYS

Rrloren I called RDS this morning for the 3rd time. I was told that they do not make a tank for my RAM that will fit.
whp4262 ATTA does'nt make any gravity feed tanks which is what I wanted. However I did order the AT45RBR without the pump for $606. I'm having it shipped to a weld shop that I've dealt with in the past. He will weld a threaded bushing onto the bottom of the tank. The filler cap is vented, so it should work just fine. Thanks you saved my day.
Bernie for what it's worth. My RDS tank has a check valve on top of the tank for the vent as well as in the filler tube under the truck. The one in the vent is for rollover protection. Don't know if this is an issue or not. That ATTA tank looks like a good design. I don't know why RDS can't change their design and make their tanks about 2" lower. Mine will just fit under my roll-up cover but I had to fine tune it to work..Good luck...Don

happykraut

Bernie for what it's worth. My RDS tank has a check valve on top of the tank for the vent as well as in the filler tube under the truck. The one in the vent is for rollover protection. Don't know if this is an issue or not. That ATTA tank looks like a good design. I don't know why RDS can't change their design and make their tanks about 2" lower. Mine will just fit under my roll-up cover but I had to fine tune it to work..Good luck...Don
Don when I talked to RDS yesterday I told them that they are losing a lot of money by not offering a below cover tank. His answer was "we can't make them all".

branson4020

Icantre Member
ATI makes a similar line of gravity-fed tanks to RDS, but the dimensions are different. I have a 45 gal. tank and it sits a couple inches below the bed rail.

GOTTOYS

Don when I talked to RDS yesterday I told them that they are losing a lot of money by not offering a below cover tank. His answer was "we can't make them all".
They're going to lose money with that attitude. My friend has a new Ford and the RDS tank is marginally high for that too. They could trim the whole line by about 2 inches and make a lot of people happy...Don

I have a RDS 60 gallon fuel cell/ tool box combo in the back of my Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW. I had to drop the tool box off at a local welding shop to have the front corners welded up once I gut a small 45 degree angle to allow the needed clearance to clear the rear wheel wells. This ran about a $100.00 over the cost of the fuel cell which was well worth it as I now have an extended range on my trailer and have the ability to keep driving if the location to refuel or fuel or is a little on the high side.