Reading Lights over the bed

Bob Vaughn

I do not like the reading lights over the bed. Has any one changed them out? If so what did you get and where did you get them? I find the ones that came in our 3250TS hard to find and turn on when it is pitch black dark. I do not want to replace them with the type that are on the ceiling. :(

scottyb

I do not like the reading lights over the bed. Has any one changed them out? If so what did you get and where did you get them? I find the ones that came in our 3250TS hard to find and turn on when it is pitch black dark. I do not want to replace them with the type that are on the ceiling. :(

Glad you brought this up. I too would like to change mine from the recessed cans with halogen bulbs to a more directional fixture with individual on/off switches. The way they are now, both lights have to be on, and they light up the whole sleeping area.

Westwind

Yup, they get so hot and when you go to turn thim off you burn your fingers. I would love to leave them and put them on a switch near the bed so I could turn them off without touching the fixture - I'm going to try a LED blub to see if it help, if it does I'll just leave well enough along and spend the money some other way.

I too want to change the lights in my bedroom over the bed because they are too hot when you go to turn it off you burn your hand sure wish they had installed a switch to turn them off right now you have to sit clear up in bed to turn it off. We have a 2013 Big Country, so far that is the only thing that I don't like in our new rv.

Westwind

I just posted a mod in the mod section, I fabricated and installed light switches for the reading lights over the recliners and in the bedroom, not difficult to do since my skills are basic. I ordered the switches from Heartland bought wire etc. locally.
No more burnt fingers and I know we are going to enjoy the convenience of just reaching over and pushing the big plastic button.