Rear Camera

FiremanBill

How did you hook it up? I'm ok doing my own install but isn't that a 110v unit?

No, the screen works off a 110 wall wart type dc converter. I just cut it off and wired it up to a 12v source. Works perfectly. It came with two 50ft cords for the 2 cameras. I used on on the trailer and the other in the truck and hook them up with double male RCA connectors in the bed. The other camera is a spare for now. I have been thinking of using it under the back of the truck looking under the trailer. Would need to get another cord though. Easily purchased on Amazon.

MagnoliaTom

No, the screen works off a 110 wall wart type dc converter. I just cut it off and wired it up to a 12v source. Works perfectly. It came with two 50ft cords for the 2 cameras. I used on on the trailer and the other in the truck and hook them up with double male RCA connectors in the bed. The other camera is a spare for now. I have been thinking of using it under the back of the truck looking under the trailer. Would need to get another cord though. Easily purchased on Amazon.

Very clever sir! I'm going to copy your ingenuity! Thank you

MagnoliaTom

Another question or two:
Any issues with leaving camera in the elements?
How/where did you run the wires from the camera to the hitch? I imaging your camera is up high on the back

FiremanBill

Yes, mounted on the roof on back, the camera is weather proof and has held up well. Put it on back in the spring and still works very well. I ran the cables along the top and down the side then under neath along the frame rails. Brought it up through the genny compartment and out that way.