Rear entertainment

sandman

I am looking at upgrading our Sundance to a new BigHorn. We just wanted to get some input on how they like there R E living room.

jbeletti

Hi Marty,

I don't have an RE but I know you will get some great feedback here.

I like the look of an RE and the ability to "put the TV away" when not in use and still have a back window.

What is a no go for me is having to view the TV at an angle, since seating is in the slides and the TV is in the rear.

That said, our REs are very popular. Happy to hear you considering Heartland once again.

Jim

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
We have a sundance but it is an RE and we love it. The BH line is where we will go next. Check out the front living models. We will probably go with that. We like the separation of the living room from the kitchen. But, I don't have any complaints about the RE either.

sandman

Hey JB, that was one of the things we were wondering about was watching tv at an angle. There isn't too many models that have the recliners across from the tv. Most have the sofa across from the tv, except in the Landmarks and heartland is the only one we would consider.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Marty, this sounds like it's getting serious.

Our BH 3670 has an angled TV, to give it a good viewing angle from the couch, or the recliners.
Now that I think about it, I guess you have never come in ours.

That being said, the 3610 (biggest TV) was in our final 3 choices. (The other being the 3585). Trace

Jimmy

We like it a lot, We keep the T.V. down more than up because of the giant Rear window view.

Westwind

We have a 3070RL, I wanted the TV facing the recliners and couch. I didn't want to have my neck turned to an angle when watching the TV. I've grown to appreciate this since the weather over the last few weeks has brought on alot of TV time. Our TV is in the angled cabinet and can be pulled out so that the screen can be angled to make the viewing even more flexible.
We were also trying to keep the length of the FW to 33-34 Ft, we are over by a few inches.

Geonkat

Marty,
We have a 3410RE which is no longer in production. We love the floorplan. As others have noted, watchinig TV from the recliners as shown in the factory layout would not be comfortable. We just move the recliners out for a better viewing angle and it works for us. See photo. Good luck with your choice.

George
Babler 9-25-10 014.jpg

Flapper

Marty - We also have the BH 3410RE (rear TV) and LOVE IT! Don't know why they quit production, it was the most open floor plan we found. When we picked it up, I had the dealer switch the sofa to the opposite wall slide by the fridge and put the two recliners on the kitchen table side. When we are somewhere for several days, I just pull out the chair closest to the table towards the middle of the room. Gives the dining chairs more room and gives the rocker more room to rock! The viewing angle has never been a problem, in fact it's the best from all points of the camper. This is our second 5th wheel and I can honestly say the quality of the BH is probably the best we've seen, and we looked at quite a few before the big purchase. Good luck with your purchase and happy camping!

jimtoo

Hi Flapper,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. I see you have been a member for a while, so you know we have a great bunch of people here. A lot of folks do move the couch and chairs around if they are going to be in one place for a while. I don't know if you do, but most put the sliders under the feet to make the moving easier also.

Thanks for your views and enjoy the forum.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Flapper, welcome to the forum. There is a lot of good information here sharred by the members.
I think the reason they discontinued the 3410RE is because of the newer 3610RE. Just a few changes along with the length.

Peace
Dave

jaykat

We have a 2013 3610re and love it thus far. Still figuring iut some satellite wiring issues but nothing major. We also had the Winegard Trav'ler 3005 satellite installed and that is soo nice.

sandman

Thanks for all the info.It will help on are final decision. I know there is know perfect fit but this helps. We never really thought about a rear entertainment, But we found one we really like.