Rear Jacks not working.

I did everything that I was told to do as far as checking the breakers, and fuses. The up and down switch works, so now it is time to dig into the motor. I called Lippert and was told a new motor was 400.00 dollars plus. Was told to take it off and take it to a electric motor repair shop. Now the fun part. What type of tool does a person need to remove the motor. Nothing I have will work. And also where can I get said tool.
Thanks everyone
Al

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Al, from the diagram in the Lippert Electric Rear Jack Stabilizer manual (owner's Tool tab), it looks like there is either a drift pin or allen screw that connects the motor arbor to the drive shaft for the jacks. It's located in the coupler that joins the two, behind the mounting plate for the motor. Might have to lay on the ground to see it.

talley

If your 2009 model is like my 2006 BH you only have two bolts and two allen head bolts to remove the motor. The power cord has "spade" connector at the switch. Once disconnected, a cord clamp removed and "j" wrap loosened the cord was pulled out.

Got the motor off, and opened it up and water poured out. Guess that is why it quit. Guess I will be using the hand crank for the rest of the summer. Bummer.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Al & Donna,
OK, this might be a long shot, but won't cost anything. Get a large ziplock bag (gallon size should work). Drop the motor (taken apart) in it and pour in about 3 cups uncooked rice. real stuff, not minute rice. :) zip it up and let it sit for a few days. Take it out and try some contact cleaner on what you can see.
I have revived many "drowned" electrical items using this method, including some of my kids cell phones. Like I said, can't hurt, and won't cost anything but your time. If you have any of those little packets of silica gel left over and lying around, you can toss those in too.

jimtoo

Another option, look for one of the small mom and pop electric motor repair shops. Most of the time a motor can be repaired very inexpensively if taken to a small family type shop. If you shop RV places or the name brand places,,, be prepared to pay.

Jim M

jnbhobe

Got the motor off, and opened it up and water poured out. Guess that is why it quit. Guess I will be using the hand crank for the rest of the summer. Bummer.

Hey Al; Try to dry it out and clean it real good. Its a DC motor, I had pretty good doing that to power window motors. It may be worth a try. JON

Jimmyt5

You can wet it down with Water Displacement 40. WD40 This stuff sprayed into the old distributer caps that were wet worked great
We use to overhaul Navy electronic equipment by washing it with a hose then drying it out in a warm room,might try drying it out.