Rear stabilizer electrical question

sunriverman

When checking the voltage of the two wires supplying power to the stabilizer switch, one red and one white wire, I am only getting 6+ volts. Do I have an open wire or bad contact somewhere? Thanks for your help

danemayer

Hi sunriverman,

Are you measuring the hot wire to frame ground when you get +6V? Have you measured the battery voltage?

sunriverman

Battery voltage is 12.67 amps. I measured the red and white wires supplying the stabilizer switch. I am guessing I need to measure red hot wire to ground? Thanks.

brianharrison

I may be fast forwarding this thread but - are your stabilizers not working? More than likely the problem is in the motor itself. Remove the case from the electric motor (two long screws) and clean up the inside if there any rust/crud. Replace the case and try the switch. This may work.

If you can still operate the switch I doubt the switch is bad. The switch is a double pole double throw (DPDT) which means is simply reverses the + and - to the motor depending on the position of the switch, up or down.

Brian

sunriverman

Thanks Brian,
correction I meant 12.67 amps not volts. Previously I had replaced the switch and it sometimes works intermittently so your suggestion makes sense as the next step. Thanks again for responding.
sunriverman