Rear stabilizer on 3800 not working

Gina

We just picked up our 3800 and the rear stabilizers are not working. Where is the fuse located to check?

danemayer

Hi Gina,

Congratulations on picking up your 3800 and welcome to the family and also to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find lots of friendly people here ready and willing to provide advice and share their knowledge and experience.

I think the stabilizers have an automobile type of 12V circuit breaker located on a strip near the battery. I'm not sure if it's auto or manual reset.

The arrow in this picture may not be pointing to the breaker for the stabilizers, but check each breaker for a small reset button on the end. By small, I mean really tiny and hard to find.

You might also want to make sure your battery has a charge on it.

Attachments

• circuitbreaker.jpg
    circuitbreaker.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 59

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If this schematic is still valid, the mini-breaker for the rear stabilizers is an auto-reset type. I've worked on mine and did not find any inline or ATC style fuse for it (or the old electric front jacks).

In addition, the motors for them are crap unless they've recently changed suppliers from Punjab Ltd. to someone that knows how to seal an electric motor that will be used in wet, nasty conditions. I had to rebuild mine (another story) after it quit with the stabilizers a couple inches off the ground during retraction at the end of last summer's season.

If you just got the rig and your dealer isn't located on the moon, I'd take it back and demand they fix it.

bowhunt73

Yep. Mine just quit also. Got home and nothing. One month out of warranty. That's nice. I will assume that these motors have a one year warranty. Yes?

Take care.

danemayer

Gina,

One other thought - if the stabilizers are down and have to much weight on them, the motor isn't strong enough to free them. This can happen with auto leveling systems if the rear end of the rig settles a bit after putting the stabilizers down. Assuming you have a leveling, system, you can extend the rear jacks a little to take the load off the stabilizers.