Rear stabilizing legs, where's the switch?

Was looking under the rear of the 5th wheel (2012 Landmark Rushmore) and noticed that the rear stabilizing jacks at the rear of the trailer have an electric motor, however I can't find a switch. The wires from the motor spliced into two other wires behind the switch that operates the electic retractable cord reel. Does any one else have this where is the switch and how are you operating the rear stabilizing jacks?

I have attached the photos below.

The motor on the rear jacks
attachment.php

The wires from the motor.
attachment.php

The only switch I can find, (retractable cord switch)
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1151.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1152.jpg
    IMG_1152.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1153.jpg
    IMG_1153.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 161

danemayer

Hi silver_2000_tj,

If you have the auto-leveling system, the stabilizers are operated from that control panel. You can cycle the control panel to operate the stabilizers manually, or if you press AUTO, at the conclusion of the auto-level, the stabilizers will deploy. When you next turn on the control panel, they will automatically retract.

If that's not happening, there are two main possible causes: 1) the mechanism may need to be lubricated so it moves freely, or 2) you may have corroded springs that press the magnets against the armature inside the motor. If you're handy, you can take it apart and replace the old springs with a cut down portion of a ball point pen spring.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
From the photos I am looking at it looks like the cord reel has been removed. Is the Landmark used?

jmgratz

The reason I asked is the empty hole you showed in the photo looks like where the electric cord reel goes and the switch beside it is how you operate the cord reel. I am sure these are standard on that year Landmark therefore it appears it was removed by the previous owner. Why it was is the big question. Do you have the level up system with 6 hydraulic jacks. That is also standard on that year Landmark I believe. The rear stabilizers were not standard but were on previous year Landmarks. Our 07 Landmark had them. The switch to operate them were on the rear side. The stabilizer circuit should be fused.

The electric real cord is still in place, as the photo was taken with the cord out which gives the illusion that the real is no longer there. The stitch in place currently retracts the real. I do have the level up system, but it's only the 4 point system.

jmgratz

Ok, do you have the level up system? If so then the rear stabilizer was probably an aftermarket addon.

danemayer

The 4 point level up comes with 4 hydraulic landing gear and electric stabilizers in the rear. They're all operated by the levelup control panel.

jmgratz

The 4 point level up comes with 4 hydraulic landing gear and electric stabilizers in the rear. They're all operated by the levelup control panel.

Ok I learned something. We have the 6 point level up without the rear stabilizers. Now I know.