Recessed light in Big Horn

bobber

I have changed 2. The cover unscrews to remove. Some are harder to unscrew than others. We have replaced some of our bulbs with LED's.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you have problems unscrewing the lens, sometimes they can be stubborn, the entire canister is held in place by springs. You can just pull them down, grab the base and unscrew the lens.

Peace
Dave

I have had problems with these light fixtures. According to the dealer they have replaced many of these fixtures because they short out. My 3070 Rl is only six months old and I have replaced two fixtures. Initially I thought it was bad bulbs. Be careful unscrewing the lens. They can break easily. Good luck!

Hey Dave, Have you ever replaced any of your halogen bulbs with LED's? If so where did you order them and what did you use for a part number to replace these 20 Watt Halogens? Thanks, Ken

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ken, I have not used LED's. Some people have and there was a thread about that not too long ago.
HERE IS A LINK to a place that sells them. You might want to check out Ebay as well. You will need the G-4 base.

Peace
Dave