Recliner position when traveling?

akf15e

Hello everyone,

I need some help regarding how to position the recliners in our San Antonio when traveling. I believe they were back to back and wedged all the way back against the side wall when we picked it up. However, when I try that, it causes the front of the aft-most recliner to come in contact with the propane detector and set off the test "beep". Of more concern is how tightly the recliners are wedged against each other and how the front recliner is also wedged against the wood next to the dinette (where the outside entertainment center "box) is. This seems like it will wear and tear the material on the backs and the front of the forward recliner in no time at all. We tried facing the recliners out toward the TV, but they rock so much when sitting still, that I can't imagine how much they'd bounce around on our rough interstates.

Any ideas or proven practices that work?

Thanks!

VMooreSR

We kept ours facing forward and tied down with the straps that came with them and had no problems, we have since put in home theater seating that don't rock and are much more comfortable.

akf15e

Vince/Debbi,

By forward, do you mean facing out into the living room, or facing the front of the coach? Thanks for the help!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
When we had two recliners we kept them forward (facing the Television) with a strap over them. We used towels under the strap(s) to protect the leather. They rode just fine. BTW the straps were clipped to the floor to the small rings that were attached to the floor.

VMooreSR

When we had two recliners we kept them forward (facing the Television) with a strap over them. We used towels under the strap(s) to protect the leather. They rode just fine. BTW the straps were clipped to the floor to the small rings that were attached to the floor.

That's how we did too.