Recommend to add 2nd a/c at purchase or after? Heat pump?

klp605

Thank you! Y'all confirmed my instincts that when in high heat we will need an additional unit. The Heartland Rep and dealer salesmen NOW know that the unit not only can have a 2nd a/c unit but is already 50 amp and pre-wired for a 2nd unit! Also, that there are many inaccuracies on the Heartland website regarding unit specs.

Is it more cost effective to order the trailer with the 2nd unit on it or install the 2nd unit later? As the 2nd unit will go into the back, bunk area of the TT, would you recommend a heat pump on the unit?

jbeletti

I'd say cost-wise, it's going to be close (added at factory or at dealership). If it were me, I'd rather have the factory do the install as they do a huge number of them daily - their process ought to be pretty good.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you were to buy an AC unit for a DIY install it will cost in the neighborhood of $600. If you order a factory install the MSRP for that option is around $900. If you negotiate down from the MSRP of the trailer, say about 30% then the cost of having it installed is just over $600.
That's just my way of thinking and the numbers are just ball park figures.

Peace
Dave

dbbls59

I would have the factory do it. Dealer installed mine but it is not connected to the duct work.