Reese Sidewinder

Pergen

I own a 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 with Rambox storage system. I purchased truck with the intent to purchase a fifth wheel toy hauler. I did a little research prior to purchasing and was told that Reese sidewinder would allow my truck to tow a fifth wheeler. Now being told that Lippert will have issue with the Reese Sidewinder pin box. Problem is that Lippert seams to be making all toy hauler frames. Have found that Forest River Flagstaff fifth wheels come with the Reese Revaluation (a Reese Sidewinder, but put on at the factory), but this will not allow me to carry my toys. I'm looking at getting an Edge ED 386, and was wondering if anyone had experience with the Reese sidewinder pin box with this fifth wheeler. Anyone using a Reese Revolution/Sidewinder with a toy hauler? Anyone had problems or caused damage to fifth wheel due to Reese Revolution/Sidewinder

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Hitch weight on the Edge 386 is 3300 lbs and GVWR is 17000 lbs...Are you sure you have enough truck with a 2500?

Bones

I have a sitting around and it's max pin weight is 3200 lbs with a trailer weight of 16k. I never had issues with it and worked well while I was using it. I no longer need it now so I switched it out.

- - - Updated - - -

the 2500 ram can only hold about 2100 lbs in the bed.

SNOKING

Thank you for the information folks. I've sold my Ram 2500, and now have a Ram 3500 SRW.

Great solution, so many fall into the 250/2500 and pin with issue. I am not a true GVWR believer, however in the case of the RAM 2500 you loose 500 pounds of RGAWR. Chris