Refer will not work on gas - not igniting (FIXED)

1adam12

I have a 2011 Heartland Elkridge 35QSQB 39’ bunkhouse. When camping over the weekend, I noticed that my refrigerator will no longer switch over to gas. I have it set on Auto (and even tried it set on gas). The problem seems to be that the ignitor is not kicking on. I used to hear a clicking sound just before it lit. For whatever reason, I cannot get the ignitor to engage/kick on. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start? I believe this is a Dometic.

kowAlski631

Re: Refer will not work on gas - not igniting

Is your refrigerator in a slide? If so, check for a crimped gas line. Happened to us. If the gas line is crimped, have a new one put in since the old one may crimp again and again.

1adam12

My refrigerator is not in a slide. However, my problem is not a gas problem. It seems to be an electrical problem or something not telling my ignitor to kick on to light the gas. I used to be able to hear it click while lighting. Now it will not click.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Ya got plenty of propane....tanks shut off....does your stove lite? Maybe the pressure regulator has gone bad.

CarterKraft

I too am having fridge problems mine is the opposite though, no AC.

After troubleshooting mine I would suggest the ignitor on the board might be the issue if all the cabling is ok. My ignitor cable is a orange color and easy to inspect for damage. The ignitor electrode could also be damaged, dirt dauber'd etc.

have you tried to light it manually to see if any gas is coming? Also there are two fuses on my Norcold board, the DC fuse is something you might check as well.

I have ordered a board from www.Dinosaurelectronics.com as their boards are far superior to the OEMs.

dlw930

Had the same problem two years ago. Was told it was probably the control board, but before I dropped a C note, to check for loose or corroded connections on the control panel. I removed the control panel cover and started removing connections. The first connection I tried went from the control board to the igniter. I reconnected and immediately heard "click, click, click, poof!" and the reefer started working again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1adam12

So I came back in to check the Forum after cleaning on the camper. Read the part about the orange wire, went out and turned everything on to operate on gas, jiggled the harness that had the orange wire in it and poof, click click sound and gas ignited. Must have a loose wire. Thanks to you all for the advise.

nscaler2

I have a 2011 Heartland Elkridge 35QSQB 39’ bunkhouse. When camping over the weekend, I noticed that my refrigerator will no longer switch over to gas. I have it set on Auto (and even tried it set on gas). The problem seems to be that the ignitor is not kicking on. I used to hear a clicking sound just before it lit. For whatever reason, I cannot get the ignitor to engage/kick on. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start? I believe this is a Dometic.
Had ours repaired for the same symptoms. Turned out to be the board and the ignitor.