Refrigerator DEAD

WeRWilsons

Hello All,

Traveled all day wth Dometic refrig on gas...no problem. Got into park late and plugged in service not seeing that prior person left the 50 amp in the on position. Got a small spark when I plugged in and now refrig is TOTALLY dead. Will not turn on at all either by gas or electric. Here os what I have tried:

1. Removed Power Control Module cover and inspected small glass fuses...there are 3 I located...a 3 a,p glass, a 5.amp glass and an inline...all looked good.

2. Unplugged unit from 110.plug and checked power to plug with a standard lamp...worked fine.

Cannot find any circuit breaker that is off or any other fuses and none are marked as refrig.

Any ideas would be much appreciated

danemayer

The refrigerator needs 12V DC to the control board in order to function.

Do other 12V DC devices work ok? Interior lights? Water heater propane side? Furnace? If yes, then you should recheck the main fuse box for a blown fuse.

rxbristol

The refrigerator needs 12V DC to the control board in order to function.

Do other 12V DC devices work ok? Interior lights? Water heater propane side? Furnace? If yes, then you should recheck the main fuse box for a blown fuse.

Dan, could it be that his battery is dead and that tiny CB, you always mention, on the buss is popped?

DougS

Doug S
As Dan said, you should check 12 volt fuse in main fuse panel. Many of us developed shorted wires where the wires enter slide out walls. I went through 10 fuses on my 2011 LM before I found a crushed wires when the walls came in. You might also check for 12 volts at the refrig.

wdk450

There are also a number of fuses ON the refrigerator controller board, accessible through the outside refrigerator access panel. One of these will be the main 12 volt DC supply fuse. The 12 volts DC runs all of the logic functions on the refrigerator control board, and lights the front panel indicator lights.

If you can't get the controller board to light any lights, you may need a new controller board. I recommend you contact RVCoolingUnitWarehouse.com to get one of the Dinosaur Electronics replacement controller boards if you need one.

Good Luck, and remember to ALWAYS have the shorepower breaker OFF BEFORE you connect or disconnect your shore power cord. Better yet, turn off your inside breaker box mains breakers before connecting/disconnecting to shore power.