Refrigerator Interior Fan

SilverRhino

I saw these fans that go on the fins inside the refrigerator compartment listed on eBay and wondered if anyone has tried them and how they work??

danemayer

They work great. Add ours a couple of years ago and the internal air circulation really does the job.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have one, too, and it does help. With that, I also have a small battery fan I picked up at the 2011 Rally on the bottom of the fridge. The installation of the fan on the cooling fins is pretty simple, you wire it into the 12V supply for the fridge light with the connector they supply.

TxCowboy

Never mind. I see the switch on the front of the fan. I guess you turn it off and on manually when you want it to run.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Never mind. I see the switch on the front of the fan. I guess you turn it off and on manually when you want it to run.

Get the one that alligator clips onto the fins and gets power from the light. It works great. Mine has two small fans on it so it covers a pretty large fin area.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Get the one that alligator clips onto the fins and gets power from the light. It works great. Mine has two small fans on it so it covers a pretty large fin area.

That's the same one we have. It stays on as long as the fridge is running, which is all summer.

MagnoliaTom

I made my own using 2 computer fans. Used an alligator clip to ground them onto the fins and got power from the light. Silent operation and the move a lot of air so it works great