refrigerator not cooling

CrazyScotsman

I had more insulation put above my fridge, also a baffle installed so that when fan does kick on ( @ around 130 Deg. ) the air is blown out the top vent and away from fridge. My fridge is also in a slideout.

2010augusta

Anyone at the Goshen Rally have a picture of the baffles that Heartland or dometic were putting in the slide refers?

jbeletti

Alan,

Dometic was not doing any service themselves at the rally. There was a Dometic Authorized service shop (Holmes on Wheels) servicing a couple of units only. Not sure if he did any of this baffling.

I can tell you when I got my current Pinehurst and had refer trouble. The trouble was the freezer was not cold enough and was creating frost at an alarming rate. The refrigerator section temperature was fine. Here's what was done:

1. Insulation added to top of refer cavity
  2. Luan added below insulation to just above top vent
This did no good but I am sure is nice to have none-the-less.

The issue turned out to be the ice maker was not mounted fully back into the freezer case. Upon visual inspection, this was not evident. The door was shutting fine. But evidently, the ice maker was pushing outward ever so slightly on the door so as to cause an air gap and that is why I was making frost.

After the ice maker was fitted properly, all was well.

Sorry this is of no help to you but wanted to add a bit about my baffle and spread the word a bit about freezer frost build up to help others if theirs is building up way to fast.

Jim

clay1969

Be nice if Dometic just made a different thermo switch which would come on a lower temp. I should hear something this week on what they found wrong, if any, with the fridge. I will share these ideas and comments with them.

clay1969

Got my rv back last week and now they said they found a wire that was cut or something...got it back home and now it's cooling in the lower 60's...still isn't cooling but the freezer remains frozen. Has anybody ever seen this before...I'm beginning to think it will never be fixed. HELP!

wdk450

Get Proof the Refrig is FIXED!

Clay
You should go back to the repair place and have them DEMONSTRATE TO YOU THAT THE REFRIG/FREEZER IS WORKING PROPERLY before signing off on the repair. Some sort of recorded documentation of temperatures over time would be especially desireable.
They are supposed to be the experts, better than us amateurs.

clay1969

They read off to me that it's cooling at 30-40 degrees when i pick it up but they can't keep it hooked on AC all the time b/c they have other rv's to work on so my rv fridge is off when i pick it up every time. They just tell me they fixed it 'this time' and read the work order to me.

Paul & Nan

Got our BH 3670 back Saturday, the fridge is holding at 36 set on 3. Dealer put in baffle, insulation, and a switch set at 105. All parts were supplied by Dometic. We had very high heat and humidity Sat and Sun, fridge held well.

Nan

2010augusta

Got our BH 3670 back Saturday, the fridge is holding at 36 set on 3. Dealer put in baffle, insulation, and a switch set at 105. All parts were supplied by Dometic. We had very high heat and humidity Sat and Sun, fridge held well.

Nan

Nan; can you please post or PM me the part numbers of the parts installed so I can request the same parts for our Augusta. Do you have the 9cf or the 4 door fridge?

DW_Gray

Re: refridgerator not cooling

"Thumbs Up" Once again, the Heartland Owners Forum came to the rescue. I love you all and this forum.

TerryM

Did you get your fridge repaired? We just bought ours in march this year and it does the same thing. It's been in the shop 6 or more times and of course never quits while they are watching it. It really upset me that others are having the same problem yet they act as if they've never heard of the problem.

Dometic told Four Winds RV, our local dealer, that our fan sensor was set at 150 rather than 105, plus there was no insulation on top of our fridge and we needed a baffle over the fans. Our fridge has not worked properly all summer. Dealer is in process of fixing per Dometic instructions now. We had the same problem with fridge cooling for a bit, then heating to 55 for a day, then cooling again. We will see what happens. Nan