Removing lens on 12 volt ceiling lights

RB2012

I want to replace the halogen lights on my 2012 Bighorn with leds I pulled the fixture out of the ceiling (held in place with 2 spring clips) disconnected wires but for the life of me I cannot get the lens off.

Capt RC RB2012

danemayer

If this is the round fixture that's about 3.5" in diameter, hold the case and rotate the lense slightly counter-clockwise.

Garypowell

I just replaced all of mine with LED's. you have to twist hard to get most removed. I did mot remove wires just did in place and broke two springs and heartland replaced them.

MTPockets

If this is the round fixture that's about 3.5" in diameter, hold the case and rotate the lense slightly counter-clockwise.
This is correct, but I know two of mine were real buggers to move. Like it was glued, but finally did move and came off. It may take a lot of torque.

Kbvols

RB I just changed out 3 of mine. Try to locate where one of the springs are. You can do this by pulling down on the rim of the fixture. It will be pretty tight where springs are located. Pull down that one side hard until you can see spring. I then pushed up on spring while pulling the fixture and other spring out at same time.

donr827

RB I just changed out 3 of mine. Try to locate where one of the springs are. You can do this by pulling down on the rim of the fixture. It will be pretty tight where springs are located. Pull down that one side hard until you can see spring. I then pushed up on spring while pulling the fixture and other spring out at same time.

I had one that I had to do this to. The others came off fairly easy.
Don

danemayer

If you already have LED replacement bulbs, this won't help you, but maybe the next guy. Heartland has replacement fixtures for about $14 that include the LED. I picked up 4 at the Goshen rally (special price of $12.49). Takes about 5 minutes and 3 #6 3/4" wood screws to change out the fixture.