Repair after blown tire.

jimcooper

Had a tire blow today. Front right on a 2011 Elkridge 27rlss. Damage to copper tubing to fridge, water heater and stove will have to be replaced. There are two sets of wires hanging down each pair white and green. I cannot tell where they were connected. Lost all rear lights (brake, stop and tail lights). All side and rear marker lights are out with the exception of the front. Is there a schematic available that shows where the wiring harness goes? I would like to repair the electrical myself if possible.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
On my Bighorn, the white with a green trace is positive for the trailer running lights and the solid white is the ground. Sorry but that's the best I can give you right now.

danemayer

Here's a page from the Heartland Trailer Manual that has a wiring diagram.

Attachments

• trailer 2011_hl_owners_manual_3-18-2011 Electrical Wiring.pdf
    321.6 KB · Views: 63

ParkIt

The problem with white and white/green wires is the trailer is loaded with them for the 12V systems.
Main reason we have tow insurance, I wouldn't want to try to fix the wiring to the rear tail lights. My luck I'd wire it up and refer would start playing music.

Since there is a thread about tires and blowout would you have time to post what kind of tires are on it and how many miles? It's helping a lot of us switch to a better tire though some have never had any problems at all.

Sorry to hear about the blowout and damage, hope you get it fixed soon for the rest of the season.