Cyclone 3712 tire blowout damage

MandCMcD

Hello-
New member, first post, and running out of ideas. I badly need some help!
The front tire on the driver's side blew, tearing out the wiring under the large slide. We lost the break/turn/tail lights, running lights from the middle to the back. Also, the 12v to the fridge, and the 12v lights in both the kitchen and dining/living slides. Neither awning is working. So far, I have found three damaged circuits that were wired with blue/white, green/white, and orange/white wire, 10 ga. pairs. Sticking out of the port in the left frame rail was a blue/white pair, and a green/white pair. The blowout ripped out approximately 15 feet of orange/white and green/white wire; I did not recover any of the blue/white wiring. I have repaired the break in the green/white pair, which corrected the break/turn/tail/running light problems, and have "engineered" a temp repair to the fridge by running a separate fused wire from the battery. On the back of the fridge, you can feel that the orange wire is broken not far below. The white wire ground side appears to be intact. I have been unable to locate where the orange/white pair is broken under the belly pan. Where does this pair branch from the main harness? Behind the fuse block, it appears the fridge is powered by a white w/purple stripe 14 ga. . How does that mutate into orange 10 Ga.? And where? Checking the orange/white pair in the main harness inside the frame rail shows no voltage at all.
Then by default, the blue/white pair must power the 12v lights?? Yet removing the switch in the living/dining slide shows white w/red stripe wires. Underneath, inside the frame rail, I see the broken blue/white comes from the rear. It shows approximately 4.6V when measured across the pair, indicating more damage.
I am really confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are in the middle of a three week trip.
Mike

jimtoo

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. Sorry to hear you have had a problem with a tire like that and sounds like it really got the wiring. Hope fully some of other family will jump in with some information for you.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Cant really help you with the wiring. I hope you kept the tire. You should call Tread-it tire about the tire failure. They will work with you on replacing the tire and sometimes they will pay to repair the damage to your rig. You will probably need your VIN# when you call. Their phone # is on the portal page on the left side.

oscar

Hmmm, memo to self: Get under there and see what a shredder could do for damage...... Somehow I think that an automobile with that much essential wiring running unprotected in the wheel well would make it to the evening news.....

Bigjimt03

Hi Mike,

I had an issue involving the piping for my sewer system. I called Heartland Tech support and addressed the issue with one of the technicians. Within minutes after discussing my problem I had a pdf copy of my complete sewer layout sitting in my email. Just give them a call and have your model and vin number handy. They were great to work with and I am sure they can provide you with a print as they did me.

Jimbo

MandCMcD

Hi Mike,

I had an issue involving the piping for my sewer system. I called Heartland Tech support and addressed the issue with one of the technicians. Within minutes after discussing my problem I had a pdf copy of my complete sewer layout sitting in my email. Just give them a call and have your model and vin number handy. They were great to work with and I am sure they can provide you with a print as they did me.

Jimbo

Thanks Jimbo- I will give them a call when we stop somewhere long enough for me to do some work on it.