Repair Black Water Shut Off Valve

wdk450

Well this was short lived... It continueed to drip. I took it to another repair shop rather then the Heartland dealer here in my area. Those clowns could not fix a bicycle! Not to mention on comeback work they told me in May I had to wait until late July before they could take it! The other shop replaced the entire valve. They not only put the seal in backward at the Heartland Dealer (LEO'S VACATION CENTER), but they also damaged the valve body by over tourquing the bolts! The other shop also cleaned up the shoddy foam spray they used to seal the hole around the Black Tank and the abotion of a tape up they did after cutting (NOT DROPPING the corplast underbelly of the camper. My valve now functions properly, the trailer underside looks almost like new and I will NEVER GO TO LEO'S VACATION CENTER AGAIN for a purchase or service! Oh, and my extended warranty company is going to reimburse me for the $509 repair bill, or so they say. Still waiting on a check.

Another argument for using an INDEPENDENT (No RV Sales) RV repairer. These small businessmen depend on dong quality repairs to get your repeat business (and word of mouth advertisement), and quick repairs to get them quick payment of your bill. The RV dealer service department depends on RV sales for most of its income, and the service department is usually an afterthought mandated by the RV manufacturers to be able to sell their products. Of course, absolute statements are absolutely wrong, but what I described is the general case in the RV industry.

I would encourage you to share your good and bad experiences on RVServiceReviews.com These type of sites depend on current input from RVers to help other RVers.