Replacement Batteries

chuitt

Hello its time to replace my batteries on my 2015 Heartland Landmark 365. We live in Arizona and I'm sure it roasted in the sun unplugged for at least a year before we bought it. Holds charge for about a day. Anyway....

Wanted to get advice on which batteries to buy. We do mainly park camping but occasionally spend an overnight parked somewhere while travelling. That's how I found out about the batteries crapping out in about a day.

I'm looking to replace the two batteries 12 volt with a good quality battery that will hold up. I would be open to changing to two 6 volts if people think it's really worth it. We have a residential fridge so the power converter is the major power burn.

Thanks for your advice.

Carl

Oregon_Camper

I am a huge fan of Trojan batteries, but they will NOT come cheap. They will not let you down...great performance.

Now, if you're just going to need power for 1 night and are not planning to start "dry" camping, then I'd say save some $$$ and just get 2x12v deep cycle batteries from Costco. They are good quality and will last a long time.

No need to move to a 2x6v battery configuration.....too much hassle without the return.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya If your just wanting normal low maintenance battery's for your needs Just get the 2 12V group 27 battery's from Costco like he said they will do all you need then to do. I your leaving them sit a long time without use I would put a battery tender on them. either 110V if you have access to power or if you don't do a small solar unit.
Killing a 12V battery is not good for them. They will charge back up a few times but you will get less and less out of them each time.

Here is my 2015 Landmark setup
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=441123&viewfull=1#post441123

alwaysbusy

Great reliability with a high reserve when utilizing 2 Interstate Gel 6 volt Batteries in parallel; however, as Oregon stated, good batts aren't cheap!