Replacement breakers

NYSUPstater

Where can one find exact replacement breakers w/ mounting brackets? I want to change out all 6 in front compartment because the slides would stop upon retracting, wait minute or 2 and repeat. Then when I picked unit up from storage last week, the front legs did the same thing......oh, 6pt would as well (forgot that). Anyways, When I took the breakers off the wall, 3 are 12v A11 30A (plastic), 1 is 12v A13 30A (plastic), 1 is a 12v 50A (metal), and 1 is 24v 50A (plastic). Stopped by NAPA and all they had was 30A metal and NO 50A w/ mounting brackets. Local place that supplies local RV dealers had breakers....but the mounting tabs were opposite of what I need. They sent me to a local electric supply place who seemed to have everything except these breakers. According to to him, it makes no difference if the casing is metal or plastic, A11 or A13, 12v or 24v. So where to next?:confused:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ebay has a bunch of different forms of a 12 volt 50 amp breakers.
If your slides and level system both stop then i would replace only the 50 amp breaker. It's pretty common that these need replacing.
And if you find one without mounting tabs they will most likely be okay as they will be held in place with the nut on the breaker terminal.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Here's one on Amazon. Get several. While there's one 50 amp breaker on the buss bar that powers the hydraulics, there may be 1 or 2 others inbetween the battery and the buss bar. Any of those could be the weak link. The picture below shows a group of breakers below the main buss bar. If either of the 2 horizontally mounted breakers is weak, it could be the source of your problem.

Note that not all rigs are wired the same. Yours could look different and have fewer breakers.

View attachment Buss bar to generator start and breakaway switch.jpg

wdk450

I did a Google search for "12 volt 50 amp circuit breaker" and at the top of the hits there were 5 illustrated examples from 5 sources, some manual resetable, one with the insulator cover.

Do your batteries and converter/charger check out OK? Is your heavy gauge battery wiring OK? Do you do your slides/landing gear adjustments when you are plugged into shore power with the converter/charger ON? ALL of a certain type of device failing at the same time in the same way points a good troubleshooter in another direction. Like the time the ER docs told me that 4 defibrillators all failed the same way at the same time. The patient was too far gone.

Last edited:

RVFun4Us

When I had this problem, I found the same thing. All the auto parts stores did not have the same configuration as mine. So I finally went to my local RV dealer parts department and found what I needed in their parts catalog. I ordered what I needed and they were here in a couple of days.

NYSUPstater

I did order some from Amazon as I never even thought of therm until I read some replies. They are not eligible for Prime, so have to wait a tad.

Thanks for the quick replies folks!!