Replacement wheel for Bighorn

k6fn

K6FN
after yesterdays fiasco with yet another blown tire, im now in the market for a replacement rim for my 31RL Bighorn.. (16" with center chrome dome cover)
I called the Heartland factory/parts and they will have to order one ($185) and it will take 2 weeks +..
My question is: are there any dealers on I-40 between Calif and Arkansas that may stock them???
Heartland couldnt tell me who else may have them..
I have a call into "Tireco" to see if they may have provided them in 2008 and if so who some dealers may be..
im switching to "G" rated now..
I also have to replace the "J" metal that costs $52 but $190 shipping is ridiculous even if it is long, it only weighs very little..
it will be easy to replace but they dont carry the particular decal any longer so I will have to color match and shoot the decal with a good paint..
Woe is me and **** the bad tires!
the G rated tires are expensive but when I was stranded west of kingman with 2 bad tires and only one spare, I would have easily paid the price..
If you can afford them, you will be happy with them..
regards to all and happy Trails

Jerry K, k6fn

GOTTOYS

I'm sure there are other brands that use the same wheel. Stop in at a few dealers along your route and see what they have. If nothing else you should be able to pickup a steel wheel almost anywhere. It will certainly work. Good idea getting rid of the junk tires and going to a "G" rated tire. Good luck...Don

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know what wheels you have on your BH, but I think they might look something like THIS.
A littlel cheaper and maybe a little faster shipping.

Peace
Dave

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Most of the wheels are made by Sendel with many rigs using the T02. You can find them at Gearworks and many other places.

hoefler

Another thing you have to keep in mind is, the pressure rating on the wheel. I found when looking for a replacement wheel or our 06 when we had a blow out, alot of the wheels are only rated for 80 psi, including ones rated for 3950 pounds. Unable to match the old aluminum, I bought 4 steel wheels that look similar to the aluminum. Just could not afford a $1,000 for wheels on top of $1,000 for tires at once.