Replacing towmax with....

jeffdee

Wow it's a great unit.
Can it lift the axle if there is a tire flat. Be nice if it did. On second thought the extension can drop and it looks like a fit.
I have to use my 6 tn when I have a flat. So 3 ton should clear.

I bought this low profile floor jack from Harbor Freight to keep in the tool locker in the garage of my Cyclone. If I had a flat I would use it to get the axle up high enough to put the bottle jack stand under the axle. Both jacks are rated at 3 tons, 6000 lbs. The tires probably see about 3200 lbs of load individually. The floor jack will work to raise the axle but the underside of the RV keeps you from getting good strokes on the handle during pumping. The bottle jack does a lot better when lifting the weight of the axle than the floor jack does. The floor jack gets more difficult to pump the higher the saddle is raised under load. I used this little bottle jack stand to raise all four wheels and put 6-ton jack stands under the axles when I was replacing the four TowMax tires with new Hercules tires. I was working on concrete so everything was safe and stable.

image_23090.jpg

jeffdee

To lift one axle only and considering that the tandem will be on the ground, your TV jack is sufficient.

True, but these two jacks are handier and have more convenient access than the factory stowed away TV jack. Because they are so handy I can use them also for non-RV related chores.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
True, but these two jacks are handier and have more convenient access than the factory stowed away TV jack. Because they are so handy I can use them also for non-RV related chores.

Those jacks are awesome!

I might just pick up four of them to use for my trailer jacks when leveling for camping!

The scissor jacks provided by the manufacturer are basically useless . . .

I've already removed the front two . . . the rear two are sure to follow!