DC to DC Charger

rutranger

I am sorry if I am not posting this correctly, but I am in need of some assistance. I purchased a Lithium battery to replace my lead acid battery in my Bighorn Traveler 32GK. I have heard that my DC-to-DC charger won't charge my battery past 80% because it's for lead acid batteries. I want to purchase one to replace my existing one so it will charge my battery 100%. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which one I should go with? Thank you in advance...

Bogie

When I changed to Lithium batteries, I used a Progressive Dynamics PD9180AVL Converter/Charger. It's an 80 Amp charger.

I believe the original charger was 60 amps. I chose to go to 80 amps because I installed additional battery capacity.

You don't say how old your RV is. Some newer RV's are equipped with Converter/Chargers that are capable of charging Lead/Acid batteries as well as Lithium batteries. You may want to investigate what you have.

There are other manufacturers/products that will work as well.

rutranger

When I changed to Lithium batteries, I used a Progressive Dynamics PD9180AVL Converter/Charger. It's an 80 Amp charger.

I believe the original charger was 60 amps. I chose to go to 80 amps because I installed additional battery capacity.

You don't say how old your RV is. Some newer RV's are equipped with Converter/Chargers that are capable of charging Lead/Acid batteries as well as Lithium batteries. You may want to investigate what you have.

There are other manufacturers/products that will work as well.

Thanks for your response. I have a 2020 Heartland Traveler 32GK. I installed a 400ah Li Time lithium battery. I will check with Heartland and see if they can tell me what I have, but I'm pretty sure they don't have a clue. Thanks again for you help it's truly appreciated.

We had a 2017 Sundance 289 TS before this RV.

Last edited: