Report on our first trip

deee2

Hi all! We just got back from a short two night trip to test run our new Bighorn before our big trip in August. The trailer towed just great, no lurching or clanking. We are thrilled with everything so far! Our previous trailer had only one slide out, so having three is a huge difference. We are amazed at all the counter space both in the kitchen and bedroom. The pump is QUIET compared to our old one, how NICE! We were afraid the bed might be too firm, but we slept like logs. The only questionable item is the sensors. We came with empty holding tanks, yet after a half day the black tank and front grey tank both read 3/4 full. No way. We'll keep an eye on that.

Now we can't wait to be gone for our whole MONTH!

We thank every one for all their advice and comments, including posting problems. We feel more secure testing everything that you have had problems with and have appreciated all sorts of suggestions.

Even PMMJARRETT spending our money for us! LOL LOL

Donna None

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
BwaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaHaa ROFLMAO

None NOT GUILTY!!!! and can prove I was nowhere near the scene of the crimeNone

Ummm ......... Lemme guess...... DH just HAAAAD to have one of those "Monster Balls":D........... Or was it the aux tank, 3 tool boxes, brush guard, flaps

Sounds like you are pretty happy with it and had a great trip and that's all that really matters. Safe travels always.

N9MB

Glad to hear the first trip went well. These rigs really do tow great don't they?! As far as the sensors go, I don't even pay attention to mine any more because they are always wrong. I just dump everything periodically and ignore the lights:D

Chuck Richard

Hello Donna,

Welcome to the Heartland family, I'm sure you will love the new trailer as we do. On the sensors I have the same problem and just did a test. I filled the tank slowly using the black water flush. It took 8 minutes to fill. The first 1/3 light came on in about 5 seconds (could be water splash). The 2/3 full light cam on after 2.5 minutes and it took 5.5 more minutes to reach full. So my tank reads 2/3 full at 14 gals and then 31 more gallons to fill. I calculated this from the 45 gal. size. I would not mind this in the gray tanks but is very frustrating for the black tank. I may look into the outside sensors I have heard of and install myself.