Residential Fridge water shutoff

adam

Hi,

We have a new Key Largo with the Fridgidaire residential fridge. We often stay at RV parks where the quality of the water is not always "drinking grade". Plus because we are seasonal users our trips are often seperated with multiple days/breaks where the water in the lines and more importanly the filter could become aged due to lack of use.

I have found the low point drain along the frame under the roadside slide (pic included) but I have not found another shut off for the fridge. According to the manual there is a connection located at the back of the fridge. Am I to understand that I have to pull the fridge to disconnect the water supply line?

Any input would be greatly appreciated;

Thank you
Adam.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 17

danemayer

Hi Adam,

There is a cutoff valve but the location varies by floor plan. I've seen several where the valve is in the kitchen. If you look under all the cabinets, you may see the 1/4" water feed line and by tracing it you can locate the valve. It may even be behind the basement wall on the back side of the Universal Docking Center (UDC).

Take a look at our Residential Refrigerator Guide for some pictures, along with other information you may find helpful including specifics on how to winterize the frig if you're going to be in sub-freezing weather.

adam

Thanks Dan

I did have a look at the area behind the UDC no small fridge supply line there. But I will take your suggestion and have a look in the other exterior compartments.

Adam.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
2015 Key Largo's water line cut off valve is under the kitchen sink for the Fridgidaire residential fridge.

adam

Hi Terry,

Thanks I found it. Plus it actually helps when I take the time to move all the cleaning supplies under the sink that my lovely wife recently packed there!!

Much appreciated
Adam.