RESOLVED: Generator will not start

HornedToad

Re: Shore power disconnected before generator will start?

Gas is 5 months old. Last ran, and ran well in November 2016.

I've logged over 400+ hours a year on my Onan generators since 2012,
with only one problem along the way that was resolved with a new fuel filter.

The three things I do religiously...
and I think the last one is as important as the first!!!

Add Seafoam with every fill up
Change the oil, oil filter & air filter every 150 hours
& Exercise the generator with a medium load at least one hour a month when not in use.

esscobra

Yay! Glad you're up and running! I've always wanted to go to the races at TMS with our rig, but we are not set up to boondock at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you should come try it out- you can rent generator- we may even have a loaner- and you can get a spot in vip lot that ha elec/water hookups

TxRoadWarrior362

I need to follow up on this post. So I thought it was fixed, but was not. Erratic idle, and not enough power to keep items running. Took it to Anything RV in Pearland Tx when we got home. Carburetor was gummed up and needed to be replaced. I was not happy!! I called Anthony Roberts and emailed him with my concerns. Told him I couldn't exercise the generator while being in the shop for two plus months for my grey water tank falling out, and the poor repair to the coroplast. Anthony stepped up and paid for Anything RV to replace the carburetor. $700 plus dollars. It's hard to ***** when your 5er manufacturer always steps up to the plate to do the right thing. Not happy with all my issues, but glad I bought a Heartland, and the integrity they've shown us thru our issues. Anthony Roberts is a great representive for Heartland and its customers. Not the first, nor last time I will need to call or email him.

Tim

- - - Updated - - -

P.s. I paid the bill and Anthony mailed us a check.

Tim

WyoCyclone

I need to follow up on this post. So I thought it was fixed, but was not. Erratic idle, and not enough power to keep items running. Took it to Anything RV in Pearland Tx when we got home. Carburetor was gummed up and needed to be replaced. I was not happy!! I called Anthony Roberts and emailed him with my concerns. Told him I couldn't exercise the generator while being in the shop for two plus months for my grey water tank falling out, and the poor repair to the coroplast. Anthony stepped up and paid for Anything RV to replace the carburetor. $700 plus dollars. It's hard to ***** when your 5er manufacturer always steps up to the plate to do the right thing. Not happy with all my issues, but glad I bought a Heartland, and the integrity they've shown us thru our issues. Anthony Roberts is a great representive for Heartland and its customers. Not the first, nor last time I will need to call or email him.

Tim

- - - Updated - - -

P.s. I paid the bill and Anthony mailed us a check.

Tim

I've been following this and am glad to hear Heartland did the right thing!!!

Lynn1130

This may help in the future assuming that you are not already using it. Sea Foam will keep the gas in the tank and what remains in the carb fresh for months. It really does not take gas long to go "bad" without something to help it.