RESOLVED: Help: Lippert level up will not extend

NHCelt

Hooked up and leaving for a trip. Level up system retracted fine, but now will not extend from either switch. Unit still has power , and will try to raise legs if I hit retract. Nothing in extend.

I have tried plugging back into shore power, but still nothing. I have disc8nnected and reconnected power.

We are stuck and hopefully, someone has an idea...leaving and staying hooked up for 3 month, not an option.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Help...lippert level up will not extend

Two questions, when you hit the extend button does the pump run? And have you checked the fluid level?

Peace
Dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Check the connection at the pump solinoid. There should be 12v Power to the middle post.
The top post is up the bottom post is down on the motor or vice versa. Meaning when you push the button to go up there's power to the top post when you push the motor to down there should be power to the bottom. If that's not happening you either have a bad solenoid or a Control wire disconnected.
Actually call me I can help fix it or hot wire it :)
PM me for my number

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

Hooked up and leaving for a trip. Level up system retracted fine, but now will not extend from either switch. Unit still has power , and will try to raise legs if I hit retract. Nothing in extend.

I have tried plugging back into shore power, but still nothing. I have disc8nnected and reconnected power.

We are stuck and hopefully, someone has an idea...leaving and staying hooked up for 3 month, not an option.

Check for wire connections at the solinoid valves. I found one disconnected on mine the other day.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Here's a picture of the solinoid.
The yellow and green are the control wires for up or down
a48e5be7b07fca10249bbcf137de8c38.jpg
65cd7460ddd9f24b00d2ab17ebf8c6df.jpg

NHCelt

Thanks so much for the replies. Took a little bit, but it was, in fact, a wire that had worked loose from the solenoid. Made our destination in day 1 of 66...greetings from Ottowa, CA!

Thanks again.

Also day one of new tow vehicle and hitch...great tow with F350 Supercab 6.7 Powerstroke, long bed and new Curt Q25 hitch. Of course, I found out why people don't like the placement of the junction box on the rear of the pin box. New Ford just a little taller on the side of the bed. Squished the junction box a bit...but only scraped the bedrail plastic cover. Lucky. Another project ...moving the junction box.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Awesome glad you found the problem. Now you can enjoy your trip.

CoveredWagon

Thanks so much for the replies. Took a little bit, but it was, in fact, a wire that had worked loose from the solenoid. Made our destination in day 1 of 66...greetings from Ottowa, CA!

Thanks again.

Also day one of new tow vehicle and hitch...great tow with F350 Supercab 6.7 Powerstroke, long bed and new Curt Q25 hitch. Of course, I found out why people don't like the placement of the junction box on the rear of the pin box. New Ford just a little taller on the side of the bed. Squished the junction box a bit...but only scraped the bedrail plastic cover. Lucky. Another project ...moving the junction box.

IMG_0132.jpg