Retired Gent, His Corvette and a Cop

MdMike

After a much bitter divorce a 70 year old man took most of his remaining savings and bought himself a brand new Corvette. He was bitter over his wife leaving him for another man and knowing she loved Corvette's; and red ones at that, he bought a brand new red Corvette in hopes she would one day see him driving around town.

One day on his way home from a doctors appointment he decided to zip along, excited at good news from his physician.

Excitedly he sped along the highway at a mere 85 mph. All of a sudden from nowhere a police car pulls in behind him, lights flashing, siren blaring and an angry looking cop behind the wheel.

Bound not to let the cop ruin his day the old man sped up, 90, 95 100 mph.... When he had led the officer on a 5 mile route and saw the determined cop would not back off he slowed to a stop.

The officer approached the car and looked at his watch. He told the old man "Sir, if you can give me a good reason for not slowing down and speeding up, not following the law and stopping right away, I might let you off with a warning as I get off in a few minutes"!

The old man smiled, and said "well sir I can explain myself I just got divorced a few weeks ago and my 35 year old wife left me for another man, a police officer at that"... "I thought that the man she left me for was you and that you were trying to return her"!!

The officer smiled and said "have a good day sir you are free to go" !