reviews on 2013 Heartland RV Trail Runner 26SLE or anything similar

kimbrali

hi i am looking into my first RV. looking at a 2013 Heartland RV Trail Runner 26SLE. they are asking $***** which seems like a good price, i just am having issue finding reviews on trailrunners. I called another RV dealership guy said they are too new and not buy it, now im kinda worried. anyone have any reviews? thanks!

danemayer

Hi kimbrali,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great community of friendly and helpful people.

When my wife and I were shopping in 2010, we also found it difficult to find reviews, except on a few models from a handful of manufacturers. One website offered to sell a booklet of detailed reviews for $50 or $60 (I don't remember exactly), but it looked like their content was mostly manufacturers specifications and a limited amount of feedback from owners who had bought their booklets.

I researched from the manufacturers websites. Heartland provided quite a bit of information about the internal construction, and some of the features they offered and why those features were important. The Heartland Owners Forum also provided me information from actual owners based on their experiences.

One of the things that jumped out was that the vast majority of Heartland customers were very satisfied with Heartland's commitment to customer service. When I considered that the appliances and many devices in the RV were widely used across RV brands, the commitment to customer service became even more significant as a difference.

It was later that we found out about the active Heartland Owners community, with local, regional and national rallies which we have really come to appreciate.

With respect to the dealer comment that TrailRunner is new, I just looked at the NADA used trailer guide and they show 2012 TrailRunners which means they're now in their 3rd model year (2014). The Heartland website shows 32 TrailRunner models. That indicates to me that it must be a very popular trailer. Heartland wouldn't have all those models if they weren't selling.

Good luck with your RV shopping. If there are any specific questions you have, feel free to post here and I'm sure you'll get answers. Or call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Identify yourself as a prospective TrailRunner customer and ask to speak with the Brand Team. I'm sure they'd be happy to answer your questions.