Rewire Brakes

mobilcastle

I want to rewire my brakes and the wires look like a mess to follow. Does anyone have a schematic of the wring showing the correct setup for the hot and common ground wire from the feed wire back?
Thanks
Steve

hoefler

It is real simple, really! Since you want to rewire it from the front, find the blue wire in you trailer plug, this is the hot wire for the brakes. Look for the white wire, this is the ground for the whole coach. Run 2 wires to the front wheel on both sides, I used 10 gauge, one blue and one white. Then I used 12 gauge wire from the front wheel to the rear wheel on each side. There is 2 wires that come out of the backing plate for the brakes, it does not matter which one is hooked to the blue or white wire. I used soldered connectors that I crimped then soldered and insulated with heat shrink. The theory of running equal lengths of wire to each wheel is, all wheels receive the same voltage and amp capacity to all work equally. Don't forget to wire your break away switch in between the battery positive and the blue wire.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Steve, the loom from the connector box on the pin runs up under the bedroom closet floor to the door side of the coach. In my 3400, there was a removable floor panel in the right side of the closet floor where our Washer dryer is supposed to go. From there it runs along the floor under the dresser drawers.
In your coach the loom may run in that black box in the upper door side basement.
You might be able to pull new wires from the pin area then just run your own from the front storage compartment to the brakes.