RF Wireless Remote Control system (secondary) now included on late 2011 Big Country

Aristakat

The Big Country has an open hydraulic system - different than the remote system. If a Big Country has the hydraulic selector valves installed, you can select which slide to put out.

Were would the selector valve be located ? I assume near the pump ? Not sure if I have that selector valve

jbeletti

Were would the selector valve be located ? I assume near the pump ? Not sure if I have that selector valve

Yes - near the pump. Look for a manifold with some knobs on it. Please contact Customer Service if you need assistance locating it or determining if you have it at all - 877-262-8032.

Jim

Cynusps

We have the remote for our 2011 3250TS. I love it. I have one question though. You can turn the 2 lights on the outside on and off with the remote, but where is the switch located? I am sure there is an actual switch somewhere. I haven't been able to find it. Thanks

This feature is great. However, I need to re-sync the remote and "brain" but I am having a hard time finding the brain. Where is it typically located? I looked in the interior control panel and did not find it. Thanks for the help.

busted2341

Got to tell everyone the remote feature is great! Since I keep blowing fuses on the landing gear and the switch for the slides quits working inside, it has saved me while traveling. The remote works on its own which is good. Still love the coach and will post the new truck and B/C when I can. The only other feature I wish was available is the auto leveling!

Bob Vaughn

Got to tell everyone the remote feature is great! Since I keep blowing fuses on the landing gear and the switch for the slides quits working inside, it has saved me while traveling. The remote works on its own which is good. Still love the coach and will post the new truck and B/C when I can. The only other feature I wish was available is the auto leveling!
I painted a red stripe at the retracted space right before it goes all the way up, my next chore is to paint one so I know the limit of the extended position....I bought plenty of spare mini 30amp fuses.....

busted2341

Just an update...Picked up the B/C and what they did to fix the bowing 30amp fuse was eliminate it. Was told that there was another breaker and that there was no reason for that inline fuse.....

Bob Vaughn

Just an update...Picked up the B/C and what they did to fix the bowing 30amp fuse was eliminate it. Was told that there was another breaker and that there was no reason for that inline fuse.....
Did they show you the courtesy of showing you where the breaker was?

rogerfish

I have the 2011 3500RL and the brain is located behind the medicine cabinet in the wall above the commode. You remove the screws and lift the cabinet out and there is the brain. Don't know if that is correct for your model.

jimtoo

Hi rogerfish,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Texasclarks

Our new 2011 3250TS has this remote feature and it's great. I especially like it for hitching up. When I back my truck up to the kingpin, all I have to do is look out the back window and I can raise or lower the pin to exactly the right height for hitching without ever leaving the truck.

I am looking much more at a Big Country for these type of features...not found on many other manufacturers.

Aristakat

"Since I keep blowing fuses on the landing gear "

On my Bc when using landing gear 30 amp fuse would blow everytime, of course I bought a bunch of 30amp fuses. I found if I unplug electric plug from truck before using landing gear I don't blow fuse so just always make sure to unplug truck first now and haven't blown a fuse since.... I only wish I had the RF feature mind was earlier 2011 model so didn't get or know about when I bought :)

GOTTOYS

"Since I keep blowing fuses on the landing gear "

On my Bc when using landing gear 30 amp fuse would blow everytime, of course I bought a bunch of 30amp fuses. I found if I unplug electric plug from truck before using landing gear I don't blow fuse so just always make sure to unplug truck first now and haven't blown a fuse since.... I only wish I had the RF feature mind was earlier 2011 model so didn't get or know about when I bought :)
Mine will blow landing gear fuses whether hooked up or not. Has nothing to do with being plugged in to truck. The fuse will blow almost instantly if you bottom up the gear when raising it. That's to protect the gearbox from damage. If you put a mark on the landing gear legs where it reaches the end of it's travel and stop about an inch short you will never blow another fuse...Don

B

bwwalczak

This is where the thread dropped me. On the Big Country 3250TS, the brain is located behind the switch panel. When facing the kitchen sink, it is the far right cabinet on top.

If you remote was charged up, you can hear a small click when switching between functions. This may help you locate the remote brains in the future if you want to add a remote, or replace a remote.

Remotes are still cheaper to replace than car keys (had to replace my wife's keys...wow).

WSTEPHENS

We just took delivery of our new BC and had it delivered to us from the Dealer in Michigan to Wyoming. We have a decal on the door that says we have the remote control but have not found it only the remotes for the TVs and the fireplace. Where is the remote or was it left out when the unit was shipped from the factory? I also can not use the exterior flood lights because there is a plug in the switch panel were the flood light switch goes. How do I turn them on?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your exterior scare lights turn on with the remote.
You need to contact your dealer and ask about the remote.
Didn't they show you how things work??
That should have been done when you picked it up.
If the dealer did his job you would have a remote....and hot water.

Peace
Dave

Milton_and_PeggySue

Yes, I do like the remote control to hook and unhook, you don't have to get out of the truck and that save you time.
And yes again the dealer did not show us how to used because they did not know where it was at.