RL250 Wineguard Connect 2.0 pre-wired?

JSPyle

Good day all. I have an RL250 which has a plate in the ceiling indicating it is pre-wired for the Wineguard Connect 2.0. I took the plate off and there aren't any wires within easy reach.
Please see the attached.

Does anyone have any hints? Taking the panel down isn't in any way I want to go.16243978270001781647206571383528.jpg

Attachments

• 20210622_173749.jpg
    20210622_173749.jpg
    670.8 KB · Views: 11

09Busaman

Ours is the same way, . I removed the plate also and found no wires. When I have time I was going to investigate. can you hear any wire if you lightly tap the ceiling panel? Are the wires hiding behind the insulation? They should not be that far from the antenna? Are you going to install the router for this system? I have been looking myself but was unsure of the Wineguard system due to reviews.

JSPyle

Ours is the same way, . I removed the plate also and found no wires. When I have time I was going to investigate. can you hear any wire if you lightly tap the ceiling panel? Are the wires hiding behind the insulation? They should not be that far from the antenna? Are you going to install the router for this system? I have been looking myself but was unsure of the Wineguard system due to reviews.

JSPyle

Hey. I also removed the plate/switch for the antenna power. There are 2 cables that go forward. When I pull/push I can hear them reacting but cannot feel them. I will call heartland today to see what they say.

I bought the T2.0 with the WiFi boaster and the 4LTE system, so I don't think that a router is neccessary for my applications. The reviews are essentially the same or better than other systems I considered.

Jeff

09Busaman

Hey. I also removed the plate/switch for the antenna power. There are 2 cables that go forward. When I pull/push I can hear them reacting but cannot feel them. I will call heartland today to see what they say.

I bought the T2.0 with the WiFi boaster and the 4LTE system, so I don't think that a router is neccessary for my applications. The reviews are essentially the same or better than other systems I considered.

Jeff
Will be interested in your feed back once you get the system up and running. We need a set up for ours for work. Since the antenna is already installed the cost is relatively low to finish the system compared to starting from scratch with other systems.

New owner of an RL250 here. Mine has the same plate on the roof but I have not investigated what is behind it yet. I did however do some research on the Winegard products. I had assumed from the plate that I had the correct Winegard Connnect 2.0 antenna on the roof but I do not. On my roof I have the Winegard 360 which is merely a TV Antenna and does not support WIFI or Cell Boosting. After I reached out to Winegard it was confirmed that I would need to buy the Connect 2.0. Here is the email response that I received from Winegard.

From Me:
Hello,

I just recently bought an RV from Heartland. The RV says that it comes "prewired for Winegard ConnecT 2.0 Wifi Extenders and 4g +Wifi Extenders". But the dome on my roof says that it is Winegard Air 360. It is my understanding that the Air 360 is only a TV Antenna and not Wifi/Cell Antenna that I would need to use the ConnectT2.0. I am trying to add what I need to the prewired area to get Wifi/Cell extender coverage, but I am not sure I have the correct equipment. Please help.

Winegard Response:
Hello Keith,

The Air360 is a TV antenna only,

A prewired coach means the power cord and switch are already installed to make the installation of the antenna easier on the end consumer. You need to purchase a ConnecT 2.0 and install it for internet functionality.

Thank you,

Winegard Customer Support