RM 1350 doors

bdb2047

I have been having an issue with the doors.When you shut the right hand door the left side would open a little just enough to lose seal around door and temp would go up.Talked to several Dometic authorised repair centers.They either did not want to look at it or would tell me was an issue with no fix.Called Dometic and they would not talk to me about problem just to have it looked at.I had a mobile tech come and look at.He called Dometic they responded to they new of issues like this and sent parts to repair,flapper on left door and top and bottom latch. It seams to have fixed issue has been OK for a week.If you are having trouble w/temp in Frig maybe something else to look at.

danemayer

Trace (TandT) posted on this a few months ago. If the flap doesn't seal well, you will leak air and experience high temps in the refrigerator. Dometic released a new upper & lower guide plate for the flap that's mounted to the left hand door of the RM1350. The new guides force the flap more tightly against the right hand door with a very positive action.

The parts # are
upper plate 3851102024 lower plate 3851103022.

Anyone having a cooling problem on the 1350 should call Dometic at
800-544-4881 and ask for a set. Even if the rep doesn't know anything about the fix, they can look up the part numbers to find out. You might want to get a set even if you don't have a cooling problem.

It takes about 2 min. to replace these with just a screw driver.