Road Warrior 355 Rear Tank Valve handle

EVANSJNT

The grey tank valve on our RW355 toy hauler has snapped off at the blade valve. I stopped by the local RV repair shop (that doesn't accept Good Sam extended warranty). How do I go about installing the new 72 inch pull line and handle and how do I access the blade valve to make the connection since the bottom of the RV is seal as we have the arctic/all season package. Do I cut the insulation and reseal with silver metal duct tape (as used for HVAC work). Thank you kindly in advance for any advice on how to do this.

danemayer

Hi EVANSJNT,

If you mean that the handle doesn't do anything because the center wire in the sheath has disconnected from the blade, you may just need to put it back. The wire goes into a plunger on the valve assembly and is secured by a setscrew. If you can follow the pipes back to the tank, and cut a 3-sided rectangle in the coroplast (leave the front edge intact), you can get to the valve to see what's happened. If you have batting type of insulation, you'd just move it aside. If you have radiant foil, you'll have to cut it with a knife. Be careful when cutting as there could be wires or other things on the other side.
dump valve notated.jpg

EVANSJNT

Thank you for the info and help. I did find some Plaskolite material at Lowe's that is weatherproof and water proof. May add this to the project so I can create access sections to get to pipes and wiring and maybe insulate the underside a bit better. Will probably start this project next Friday as the i have plenty of day light to work with. Also this will give me a chance to trouble shoot on why I have water leaking from the front left corner (as looking at the RV) from under the pass through storage when I use the internal tank cleaner system on the black water tank.