Road Warrior - neo angle shower door rubbing at bottom

Hello,
I have a 2011 RW 305, it has the factory corner shower neo angle with glass door and aluminum frame. When I open or close the shower door the bottom of the door rubs heavily on the bottom aluminum cross frame to the point I have to lift up on the door to either close or open. It has worn down the rubber seal pretty badly. I do not see any adjustments to raise the door up a little. It looks like about a 1/16'' to 1/8'' of an inch or so would fix it. I have had this problem all along but seems to be getting worse. Can you tell me if there is a remedy? It looks like a nylon shim could snap into the bottom hinge and help lift it a little, not sure if you have a fix or not. But that might just then seek a new lower point again. I have thought about running a cable at the top of the door frame to the back wall at the top but that would look pretty ugly. But it looks like to whole shower frame is racking toward the sink just a little which causes the door then to rub. Help please.
Thanks Leigh

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: ATF: Road Warrior - neo angle shower door rubbing at bottom

Here's a link to some NEO shower documents that may help.

Thank you for your help danemayer, after I posted my original post I found the same link with the fix, but there is a problem with this fix.
I read and understand the fix on the PDF but at the rear coach wall there is no support nailer behind the wall to attach and secure the inner wall aluminum jamb.
The wall flexes a lot, so even if I re-set the frame the whole assembly will rack forward. And, if you are wondering, I do not have any rot or leaks in the coach so I know there is not an issue in that way. I store the coach inside my pole building when I am not actually using it. So I don't have a way to see inside the rear wall. I could cut a hole above the TV inside the the high cabinet and add an inspection plate to cover my fix. Once I cut in I could create an inner support to screw to and draw the inner wall aluminum jamb toward the rear of the coach. This seems like a big design flaw from Heartland though that I am repairing. The coach walls are thin and flex with no support they do not have anywhere near enough support to hold the aluminum jamb. The side jamb at the driver side seems OK. I posted a photo of the wall with the issue but it really doesn't show much.
Any thoughts or more help please, hoping to get this done today or tomorrow. Thank you again danemayer!

Attachments

• IMG_20180531_104139133.jpg
    IMG_20180531_104139133.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 15

CarterKraft

Re: ATF: Road Warrior - neo angle shower door rubbing at bottom

Thank you for your help danemayer, after I posted my original post I found the same link with the fix, but there is a problem with this fix.
I read and understand the fix on the PDF but at the rear coach wall there is no support nailer behind the wall to attach and secure the inner wall aluminum jamb.
The wall flexes a lot, so even if I re-set the frame the whole assembly will rack forward. And, if you are wondering, I do not have any rot or leaks in the coach so I know there is not an issue in that way. I store the coach inside my pole building when I am not actually using it. So I don't have a way to see inside the rear wall. I could cut a hole above the TV inside the the high cabinet and add an inspection plate to cover my fix. Once I cut in I could create an inner support to screw to and draw the inner wall aluminum jamb toward the rear of the coach. This seems like a big design flaw from Heartland though that I am repairing. The coach walls are thin and flex with no support they do not have anywhere near enough support to hold the aluminum jamb. The side jamb at the driver side seems OK. I posted a photo of the wall with the issue but it really doesn't show much.
Any thoughts or more help please, hoping to get this done today or tomorrow. Thank you again danemayer!

I have the same issue on my Torque. I have not messed with it too much but it is going to require work at some point.