Road Warrior Towing Bounce

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

This is the Moreryde hitch I took off of my Landmark
84919f234b3d9311e4455bd45040fd7a.jpg

And this is my TrailAir tag
ab125796941bc386bd8360f609cb57a5.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TBONE21

Yes, that's right...the tri glide is gone(I knew better darn it) and it's now flex air (no more rollers...I think it's the rota flex design?)....the only difference in landmark and bighorn is our pins are the 21k rated SHD instead of HD...otherwise the same thing...I'm thinking the m19 tri glide is the correct (now discontinued part) and whatever it's replacement is would be the new correct one.

Either way I'm checking with them and ordering one asap as soon as I figure out the definitive correct part #

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

yea but now that the glide is gone, will that new flex air take the shudder out of the truck like the glide did?

IronJ

This is the Moreryde hitch I took off of my Landmark
84919f234b3d9311e4455bd45040fd7a.jpg

And this is my TrailAir tag
ab125796941bc386bd8360f609cb57a5.jpg

Yeah...ours are the 21k rated boxes...

And what's the long jaw significance?

IronJ

yea but not that the glide is gone, will that new flex air take the shudder out of the truck like the glide did?
Yes that's why I was interested in the flex air..it has the shock for up downand the rubber in the bottom for lateral chucking

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

It's a longer pinbox better for short bet truck you can turn sharper without a sliding hitch.
Also a better ride I believe.

IronJ

I'm still waiting on a call back...at first they seemed sure it was a certian one and then when I questioned the weight capacity he said he would double check and get back with me...there are only 4 models of flex air and of those 2 would fit the 1621 bolt holes....

There is a trail air that fits...but it's not the same as the flex air

Stay tuned......

TBONE21

I'm still waiting on a call back...at first they seemed sure it was a certian one and then when I questioned the weight capacity he said he would double check and get back with me...there are only 4 models of flex air and of those 2 would fit the 1621 bolt holes....

There is a trail air that fits...but it's not the same as the flex air

Stay tuned......

Did you ever hear anything? I emailed them and haven't heard back yet. Trying to figure out the right part number.

IronJ

Nope...I was gone all weekend on a shakedown trip with the camper though......I have the guys number at my office I'll try n call em back when I get there...

TBONE21

Nope...I was gone all weekend on a shakedown trip with the camper though......I have the guys number at my office I'll try n call em back when I get there...

Ok sounds good to me. I am standing by waiting to see what you turn up. I am going to order one as well. I guess I will install it myself too. Doesn't seem too terribly hard to install.

IronJ

Not hard to install at all...just kinda heavy...few bolts and a torque wrench..move the e brake cable box..sell original pinbox for scrap!!..lol..

I called today 2x and no one answered....I also sent an email...

Guess they don't want us to have this great technology for our rigs

IronJ

Welllll....scratch that idea....

Just got bounced all over lippert and there is no FLEX AIR that will work on our application....it only goes to 18k for the 1621hd

Back to square 1

IronJ

Yep....may just slap a mor ryde on for now...the lateral is only thing I feel...between the new Deaver Springs, airbags, and fox shocks on the truck the verticle load is handled nicely....

Hmm...I dunno

nfa1eab

I had bounce issues until I installed air bags on the truck. They eliminated the multi bounce almost entirely. Std pinbox and does not chuck a lot.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

TBONE21

Yep....may just slap a mor ryde on for now...the lateral is only thing I feel...between the new Deaver Springs, airbags, and fox shocks on the truck the verticle load is handled nicely....

Hmm...I dunno

Did you ever install the mor ryde? I guess thats the route I'm going to go.

nfa1eab

I also installed Bilstein shocks front and rear. A+++

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

IronJ

Did you ever install the mor ryde? I guess thats the route I'm going to go.
Nope...i do however have it sitting in the shop by the truck and 5er in storage??..lol...does that count??

Its been really warm here tho...zero snow..im second guesing storing the camper!!!

It will be on for sure next time i take her out...its not a difficult swap...

Let me know if you beat me to it!!

Jeremy

TBONE21

Nope...i do however have it sitting in the shop by the truck and 5er in storage??..lol...does that count??

Its been really warm here tho...zero snow..im second guesing storing the camper!!!

It will be on for sure next time i take her out...its not a difficult swap...

Let me know if you beat me to it!!

Jeremy

Whats the part number? I need to order one. Also where did you get it from?

IronJ

Whats the part number? I need to order one. Also where did you get it from?

mor ryde part #RPB72-1621shd-06

amazon.....paid $525 shipped

may be cheaper somewhere but I didn't really look....amazon makes it too easy..lol

Jeremy

TBONE21

mor ryde part #RPB72-1621shd-06

amazon.....paid $525 shipped

may be cheaper somewhere but I didn't really look....amazon makes it too easy..lol

Jeremy

So all you do is unbolt the old pin box and bolt this one in?