roasting a turkey

irvin56

Just curious why people arent just using a roaster oven then you can cook whatever size turkey you want. can toss it in the rv if need be. We cook the turkey then turn around and use it to cook the dressing as well using the juices left in pan. .

We have 2 of them and Gail uses them for turkeys, roasts etc. Can put in on and set on a table outside trailer and leave there for cooking. Can bake in them too. Easy clean up and handy to use. No heat in trailer and NO propane used. Can do a lot of different things in them. (Can even heat water and do dishes if HW heater craters. Kidding)

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We purchased a pizza stone and put it in the bottom of the oven and it spreads the heat out instead of in the middle. Biscuits are now great and the baked chicken is better.

RanCarr

my favorite for turkey is to have them fried! it is about the most juicy and flavorful way to cook them in my opinion. I dont know if it is a texass thing or nation wide, but its the way we do them at work and home!

brett

Fried turkeys are getting very popular here in TN. They sell those large fryers in almost all the stores now. But it takes a lot of oil to fry a turkey and there have been some serious accidents with these fryers. Be careful using it.