Roof Vent

CTD2005

Has anyone here added a new roof vent when there was not an existing vent? Our Sundance has two, one in the bedroom, and one in the bathroom, which are both in the front of the unit only about 4 feet apart. I would like to have one in the rear living area to allow for increased air circulation in the whole unit without having a window open. Just wondering how difficult it is and what to look for.
Thanks for any input.
Nick

jbeletti

I think it could be done. Add it to the center of the roof (side to side). Be best if you can find a roof truss so the fan can be pinned on one side to it. If you can, even better to box around with hole you cut, using the truss as one side of your box.

You'll need to access and run some DC power to the location. This one may be a good one to use a remote control to operate it.

CTD2005

Think there is any possibility it might already be blocked out for the opening from Heartland?

GOTTOYS

In my opinion would it really be worth it? I don't think you would gain a lot of airflow vs: the amount of work to get it..JMHO..Don

CTD2005

In our previous TT it made a big difference in moving hot air out of the unit. With both of the current vents on the same end of the rig there is no air movement in the rear living area unless you open a window. I don't have covered storage & don't want to leave a window open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaffer

You won't get much if any air flow through a roof vent unless you have a window open for make up air. If you have a fantastic fan and want air flow through the rear of the coach you can open a rear window and operate the front fantastic fan. If you don't have a fantastic fan, you can replace an existing powered fan with one. No new holes in the roof needed.

Last edited:

jcarnevale

Here is the Sundance factory line in 2010. Hope it helps. Good luck. Please post some pictures if you do it!

079.jpg
081.jpg