Rv Glow

hammers77

So, I have a 2007 2700BHS pull behind. I purchased a product called rv glow, which basically looks like a relay that you plug into the top two slots of your trailer connector and it will turn on all your running lights while you are stationary. so I just got it in the mail and plugged it in and it didn't work. my thought is that these light are not linked into my electrical system. Anybody else try this product or something similar?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You will have to be sure that your battery is charged and all connections are tight and corrosion free.
Since your rig is a few years old you might want to check the female plug contacts. After a while they tend to get a bit bent and the slot opens to the point where they no longer make contact. You can bend them back together using a screw driver.
You can accomplish the same thing by just using a short jumper wire.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
I do keep a heavy duty flasher in the trailer in case we ever have to leave it in a vulnerable area.
For overnights in rest stops I'll jump the lights to add visibility.

SilverRhino

I do keep a heavy duty flasher in the trailer in case we ever have to leave it in a vulnerable area.
For overnights in rest stops I'll jump the lights to add visibility.

I have jumped the terminals in the same type of situation. Be considerate if doing this in a campground........ Had a trailer next to use for three nights last year in Colorado that had all his lights flashing all night long for three nights...... thankfully they left on the fourth day! Can become extremely obnoxious when done just to be doing it, not for safety.

SilverRhino

Who said anything about doing it a campground?

Not saying you did, said that others have just because they can and it gets old pretty quick. Great thing to do when you need to increase visibility of your rig like your example of in a rest area, pulled off the road for a problem or if you had to leave your trailer on the side of the road for any reason.

porthole

Retired
#3 & 4 to have the running lights burn.
The spacing and angle are also perfect for a standard automotive heavy duty flasher to be able to plug in.

Keeping in mind #3 & 4 will flash all the running lights, not the typical brake lights.
If you want just the brake lights to flash you need to jump #4 to a Y then to #5 & 6

Attachments

• trailer_connector.jpg
    trailer_connector.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 113

rxbristol

The spacing and angle are also perfect for a standard automotive heavy duty flasher to be able to plug in.

Keeping in mind #3 & 4 will flash all the running lights, not the typical brake lights.
If you want just the brake lights to flash you need to jump #4 to a Y then to #5 & 6

Thank you!

jam20ster

Just stayed at a KOA this past week where 2 of my neighbors had their running lights on all weekend. It didn't bother any of us. They just used a spare 20 amp fuse and connected slot 3 & 4.

Greengas

So basically, to have all the lights on you jump everything except 1 and 2, right?

porthole

Retired
Just stayed at a KOA this past week where 2 of my neighbors had their running lights on all weekend. It didn't bother any of us. They just used a spare 20 amp fuse and connected slot 3 & 4.

Running lights in a campground - I don't get it.
But that is not as bad as having the trailer on your door side leave the off door scare light on all night, shining in your bedroom window.
Or worse, those laser blue lights in the front of the camper. I can't think of any useful purpose, other then to violate most light color laws in the US. And they can certainly be annoying when you are parked across from them.

So basically, to have all the lights on you jump everything except 1 and 2, right?

I can't think of a reason to jump all the lights. The brake lights don't need to burn all night, and they will get hot.

EandJ

We were in Ft. Wilderness in January. Neighbors who looked like they lived there all winter did this every night. Plus had red flood lights stuck in the ground.

eddylives

So I thought the purpose of jumping the lights at a campground were........
Solid on means receiving visitors.
Flashing lights means it's "cocktail hour" lol (happy hour)