RV Lock Compartment Door (Slam Latch) Locks Now Available

RVLockSupport

Re: RV Lock Slam Latches now available

We offer both the keyless Slam Latch replacements as well as regular Mechanical Slam Latch replacements that can all be keyed alike. We recommend our users to decide which compartments are in need of convenience and order the keyless handle for this baggage door and purchase a mechanical only handle for the other side of the two handled door, as well as any other handles throughout the entire rig. These all can be keyed alike of course. Remember, even going to our inexpensive Mechanical handles is much better security, we change our codes every couple of years and the keys are not a standard 751 key!! Go to our website to see all your options...

Mike-n-Justina

Can you I install these on all doors and have 1 remote that you can use to lock all doors at once, including the RV lock on our entry door?

brianlajoie

Re: RVLock 4.0 Special - Back in Play for Heartland Owners!

I keep a padlock on the bracket around the tanks so they don't disappear.

From the fire safety class at the national rally last summer, the propane tanks are built so that they will not explode in a fire. There are safety fittings on the tank that will melt before the temperature would build high enough to cause the tank to fail. Once the safety fitting melts the tank would empty its contents at a constant rate. Still scary, but good to know that the tanks won't burst.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

I'm very much interested in getting these but the website doesn't have the spec on the RVLock's Compartment Handles, therefore not sure if they will work on my LM. James - will there have to be some modifications to my current slam latch openings to put the remote Compartment Handles on the cargo doors?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes. You can program your remote(s) to lock any combination or all locks with your remote.

Did I read somewhere that you make a matching handle without the locking mechanism ? So on a door with 2 latches you could have the RV lock on one side and the matching latch on the other.
If that's the case I would need 3 RV locks and 2 matching blanks
ec8c7c9bd065ef275d408cfa8c71d18e.jpg

3d07da78ae0b3ee5a6f76a55663f45d6.jpg

478a89ba5fbfb66c5d0d3209b08566f8.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
jesstalkn; [IMG said:
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160305/478a89ba5fbfb66c5d0d3209b08566f8.jpg[/IMG]

Jarrod, sorry to hijack, but please let me know what you are using as a holdback for the door side door!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jarrod, sorry to hijack, but please let me know what you are using as a holdback for the door side door!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erika check out thread #197 on Project LM365. Although it does work perfectly, I'm still not proud of it.
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=447287&viewfull=1#post447287

However the same exact thing on the entry door has been the best and most used Mod on the coach.
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=443924&viewfull=1#post443924

Bones

?
Did I read somewhere that you make a matching handle without the locking mechanism ? So on a door with 2 latches you could have the RV lock on one side and the matching latch on the other.
If that's the case I would need 3 RV locks and 2 matching blanks

I like the fact you have slam latches on your propane doors and front storage bay

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Dave they are awesome especially after those little twist latches I had on the toyhualer after a few miles on the road the the little catch would slip past and the basement doors would pop open. Anything soft and light would be gone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bones

Dave they are awesome especially after those little twist latches I had on the toyhualer after a few miles on the road the the little catch would slip past and the basement doors would pop open. Anything soft and light would be gone.

I must have Been lucky so far. My door's have not popped open yet

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Re: RVLock 4.0 Special - Back in Play for Heartland Owners!

I keep a padlock on the bracket around the tanks so they don't disappear.

From the fire safety class at the national rally last summer, the propane tanks are built so that they will not explode in a fire. There are safety fittings on the tank that will melt before the temperature would build high enough to cause the tank to fail. Once the safety fitting melts the tank would empty its contents at a constant rate. Still scary, but good to know that the tanks won't burst.

In addition, once the safety fitting melts and the gas escapes quickly, it has now exceeded it's very small window of ignition (2.5-9.6 gas to air mixture). You now have way too much air for it to ignite....today's propane systems are much safer than most realize.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

I always make sure I lock the basement doors before wew hit the road.

Then there are no issues with them popping open.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Does RV-LOCK make matching slam latches without the keypads in them ?????
I would put one RV lock and 1 matching latch, on the 2 doors with double latches.

jbeletti

Does RV-LOCK make matching slam latches without the keypads in them ?????
I would put one RV lock and 1 matching latch, on the 2 doors with double latches.

Jerrod - yes, they make mechanical latches that use their key system but don't have the keypad or wireless built-in. Is that what you mean?