RV Lock v4.0 Pre-Sale Questions

Rodbuster

Re: RV Lock installation video? Also - coach needs to be level?

Good morning,

I started this thread by mistake.
Could I ask Jim or a moderator to move post #1 and post #2 over to the thread titled "RV Lock V4.0 Pre-Sale Questions".

Thank you and sorry for my mistake.
Dick

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Hi Dick - you made no error my friend.

As your pre-sales questions were different than others, I wanted it to have it's own thread. In the end, I believe having too flat of a forum structure is detrimental as, over time, dozens or hundreds of disparate, yet semi-related items can all become jammed into the same thread.
When this happens, in my opinion, it's a lot of traffic to wade through for the person trying to see if their issue or question has ever been raised or asked.

RVLockSupport

Re: RV Lock installation video? Also - coach needs to be level?

Hello again,

I've been researching this product and find that I have additional questions.

Back in 2012 a consumer mentioned that the coach had to be "perfectly level" for the lock to work properly. It was mentioned that if the coach was not level it would bind and not allow the lock to work. Has this problem been addressed?

More recently, another customer posted that he/she was having a problem with the remote keypad. It seems that it would take 2 or 3 attempts to make it work. James answered the customer by saying that he would send that customer a "replacement part" that should take care of that problem. My question is, is this "replacement part" needed in all of your units or is this just an isolated incident?

Thank you for your time.
Dick

I am happy to answer your questions as they are both great ones... The leveling of the trailer/fifth wheel should NOT be an issue at all with the functionality of the RVLock handle unless it involves the door and jamb being on a bind and not allowing the sticker plate and the handle push pin to not line up correctly. We have installed 100's of handles with the trailer unleveled with zero issues. I would say that there may be some larger issue with the door/jamb that needs addressed if this is what they are finding. As far as the keypad communication issue. This was an isolated issue that we had and was overcome almost 2 years ago. The v4.0 has a hardwired keypad built right into the handle and resolves any communication errors due to interference. Hopefully this helps.

porthole

Retired
Duane,

On my Landmark, the v3.0 and v4.0 locks did NOT cover the same exact footprint. I know this as my coach is full body painted and the paint shop did not remove my OEM lock prior to paining. As such, I have a very small reveal below (and probably above) the RV Lock that is not painted. This is only noticed under closeup examination and if you're looking for it. The area is so small that I would not consider trying to paint it. Let me know of you want a picture of this?

No picture necessary. I posted it as I did the retro fit on the Cyclone. The Cyclone being 4-5 years old at the time has a noticeable mark where the new lock does not cover the marks. The odd shape does not cover the rectangle.

I'll be taking the electric lock out as soon as the weather breaks as it still does not work all the time. I will try and compound out the door some more to minimize the marks.

jbeletti

Duane, depending on the issue with the lock, RV Lock may have a fix. Consider emailing James with the detail of your issue.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

RVLockSupport

No picture necessary. I posted it as I did the retro fit on the Cyclone. The Cyclone being 4-5 years old at the time has a noticeable mark where the new lock does not cover the marks. The odd shape does not cover the rectangle.

I'll be taking the electric lock out as soon as the weather breaks as it still does not work all the time. I will try and compound out the door some more to minimize the marks.
Hi Duane.
Happy to help. Please email us directly so that we can take care of you. support@rvlock.com

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
Sad part is that MANY of the thieves that look for RVs to plunder use crowbars to break the door open, grab and run. The type of lock makes no difference to them or the crowbar. Another idea that has gone south are locking gas caps, thieves use a spring punch to make a hole in the tank and drain into a catch basin and are gone. I for one am so sick of thieves. The only lock that really works is a 200# rottweiler.

porthole

Retired
Re: RV Lock v4.0 issues

Anyone experience any issues yet with the keypad?

Mine has only been on a few months and the #2 button does not always beep, which is an issue since the #2 is used twice in our code.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Anyone experience any issues yet with the keypad?
Yeah, I have a couple that don't always beep, and one or two that don't always accept the input.
Kind of annoying at times.
I just use the remote as much as possible.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

With our door pinned open during the rain, the RVLock got wet and stopped operating - instead beeping on a continuing basis. After drying it out with a hair dryer, it resumed normal operation.

We got the arctic blast about 2 days later and the mechanism was having trouble opening and closing. It would have a partial throw each time the Fob or keypad was operated. Normal operation with a key. Heated it for 15 seconds with the hairdryer and it worked correctly. Repeated the problem a few hours later.

It's been cold again and it's working normally, so I'm hoping it was all related to having gotten wet. We'll know more about very cold weather operation in January when we get to Colorado.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

We have had ours for more than a year and have not had a single problem with it. However I have heard of people who did have an issue with one thing or another and contacted the RVLock customer service and they were taken care of immediately and without cost. I have heard nothing but good reviews about their customer service.

Rod

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders

I installed ours right after picking up our new unit. Love it! I've had no problems and like the options of using the fob or keypad. If you have visitors arrive before you return, just give them the code and they can wait inside, out of the weather. Great customer service on top of that! I've used the remote over 100' away.