RW 420 Front Landing Gear Speed

Rhyph

Howdy all,

We had the new RW out on it's first big trip over the past few weeks. Everything went really well! As this is our second 5th wheel over the past couple years with the Lippert Level-Up system, I'm pretty used to most of the system's nuances.

What I've noticed in particular to this one, is the front landing gear speed when going down is really, really slow. On our Big Horn they were pretty quick. All of the other jacks are what I would also label as pretty quick. Bringing the front landing gear up is also quick. Going up is about double-speed of going down and in line with what I had come to expect. Only when going down to un-hook are they slow. It doesn't matter if I'm on shore power, generator, or whatever, have full power on the batteries. The hydraulic motor sounds healthy, no shuddering, no breaker checking/resetting. They just go down slow as molasses. I figure if all other jacks are behaving at reasonable speed, that should rule out power and pump motor issues.

Is there anything I can maybe check with the valve body or some where else I can look for clues as to why it seems only the front landing gear jacks run down super slow compared to all others in any other direction?

On edit: Also doesn't matter if I'm using the control pad or switch in the landing gear area.

Thanks.

IronJ

My 420 is slow as well from a fully retracted position...

But it works fine and the other 4 are equally kinda slow...

Still faster than the levelers and manual stabs on the old long gone jayco!! Lol

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Jim-Lynn

The front landing gear is slow on my Cyclone 4200 compared to our last 5er. I have come to a conclusion - the landing gear on the Cyclone and the RW have a mind of their own, they are slow because they are getting ready to lift a "brute" of a trailer. Maybe works slow - but works like a dream....

Jim

Rhyph

Interesting. I'm ok with slow, if those going down slow for those front jacks seems normal. My only cause for concern was they run down in that one direction at half-speed compared to any of the other jacks. They otherwise seem to be fine.