Sad to leave Edisto Beach SC

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
What a wonderful week we have had sitting on the beach at Edisto Beach State Park in South Carolina. If you haven't ever been here, put it on your list to go camping. Not commercialized at all, only about 4 resturants on the island, one golf course, one gas station on the beach front area and one grocery store. WOW - talk about a layed back area. There was one North Country also in the CG from Ohio. Nice couple who just got the camper about 2 weeks ago and were planning to stay at the beach for 2 weeks. They were amazed at how well the camper pulled.

Attachments

• DSCN1298.jpg
    DSCN1298.jpg
    787.4 KB · Views: 25

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Glad to hear you had a good time. Edisto is beautiful. We used to keep a boat moored on the next island down at by Port Royal. Went and looked at the marina at Edisto and thought about moving the boat there.
Ended up with a 5er instead and no boat!:eek:

Are the sites still open against the beach? I know they were having huge erosion problems a few years ago.

Nabo

Yes - campsites (about 5) are right on the ocean. Other sites (campsites in the 20's) are right next to the ocean/view. About 2 years ago, the state brought in sand to refurbish the oceanfront so at low tide, it's a wide beach. We have been coming down here since the early 80's, first renting a house and now stay in the state park. Hopefully the pics attached so you can see the beach looking north from the state park and my two best friends.
Byrd

Attachments

• DSCN1272.jpg
    DSCN1272.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN1284.jpg
    DSCN1284.jpg
    771.7 KB · Views: 17

Nabo

On the way home Saturday, passed a Sundance in SC heading EB on I-26 at MM 151 being pulled by a dark red ford dually truck. Also passed a Big Horn in TN heading EB on I-40 near Douglas Lake (sorry can't remember the MM) being pulled by a black dodge srw truck. Happy travels.:) Just finished washing/waxing the sea salt off the rig. That's a job but all cleaned up for us to head out again camping in Townsend Tn leaving on Thursday for the weekend with friends.