Sailun S637 on Greystone

theroes

Had a blowout with the towmax yesterday on the way home. Trailer is only 2 years old. Long and short I have done a bunch of research here and other websites and want to change all to the Sailun S637. I have the Sendal 16x6.0J rims with a load rating of 8/3750 LBS 110psi. I have to stop by a couple of local tire shop to see if they can get them for me. In the mean time where is everyone buying them om the net/ Simpletire or any other places. I just want to make sure these will fit on my rims before i buy them on the net if my local guys can't get them. Thank you in advance to all!

Dave

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Mine came from the factory and they are on 6" rims. With almost 4k on them, I am still happy running them on our BH. I'll be watching to see where you can order them. My tire dealer has never heard of them.

Rob_Fla

We ran the Sailun S637 our 5th Wheel for over 30,000 trouble free miles.
The Sailun S637 is a great tire, well made, very heavy construction and wears well.
I bought ours from Simpletire ,good price, fast delivery, great people to deal with.

dbbls59

My local tire dealer got them from the warehouse he uses here in KC, MO. The last few times I checked, Simple Tire was out of stock for the S637. Heartland must have a supplier because they are installing them on some new units. You might try checking with them. Good luck finding them because they are a good tire.

Miltp920

My research said Sailun recommends 6.5 inch wide rim, BUT IF you can get someone to mount them on your 6 inch wide rims, go for it. I would have.

theroes

Thank you to all that have responded. I found a local dealer Dunn Tire that ordered them today. Hopefully be in in 3-5 business days. $201.00 a tire mounted. Said to just drive the trailer over and they will change them out. I didn't think that was a bad price. The same shop is going to inspect the towmax tire that blu as they were recommended by towmax so I can get the warranty done.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When you take it in for tires, be sure that they jack up by the frame and not the axles.
This is recommended by the axle manufacturers.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
When you take it in for tires, be sure that they jack up by the frame and not the axles.
This is recommended by the axle manufacturers.

Peace
Dave

And make sure that they balance them as well!

Even if they say that trailer tires don't need to be balanced . . . because they do!

theroes

Here's an update: Dunn tire in liverpool Ny had a hard time finding tires. They are out of stock everywhere. He found some in New Mexico and had them shipped. Cost me an extra $80. Didn't care as i wanted them. Took the 5er over this A.M. and had them put on. It was touch and go to see if they would fit when the two were on (space between) and no problem. When the tire tech took the front left off he noticed the belt was not right in that tire when he was rolling it in to mount the new tire. The service guy called blowmax and it was determined that tire was bad also. Blowmax is going to "good faith" me and additional $84 for that bad tire. All in all the new tires cost me $930 out the door from Dunn. Blowmaxx is sending me $168. I don't care I am just glade I have tires I don't need to worry about. Thank you to all on this forum for all the advice on the tires for these rigs. The manufactures need to put a better tire product on these rigs.

Last edited:

donr827

It makes you wonder how the Towmax distributer could sell a tire that they know has a problem in manufacturing or design...........Don