Sailun Tire Performance

BigGuy82

When I first got this coach, I was very leery of the no-name Chinese tires it came with (Sailun S637 ST235/85R16G). This is a high pressure tire (110 psi cold) that requires steel or high pressure aluminum rims. I was expecting problems but figured that I'd give them a shot - at the first problem, I'd dump the whole set for Goodyears.

11,000 miles later, I'm pleased to report that these tires have performed perfectly, seem to be wearing well and have no problems with sidewall bubbles, tread delamination or cracking. I take care of balance with CentraMatics. They have performed well in sub-freezing cold and in temperature over 100 degrees. My EEZtire monitor has had them as high as 125 PSI at speed on a very hot day but it doesn't seem to bother them.

Long story short, these things seem to be an excellent value (when compared to Goodyear pricing) and perform at least as well, if not better. I have been pleasantly surprised and barring any unexpected nasty problems, I'll replace them when they wear down with the exact same brand.

TedS

Glad to see we are having the same experience with the Sailuns. I have 12k+ on mine with good running temperatures and keeping pressure. They still look very good.

MCTalley

We have 25,750 miles on ours (if you count the initial delivery trip from the factory to dealer, 26,000 total). Still have tons of tread and have had no problems whatsoever. They seem like winners, especially from a price-performance aspect. I, too, will replace with the same when it comes time.