Sailun Tire Recall

hoefler

Received this today in my email;

NHTSA Recall ID Number :
21T018
Synopsis :
Sailun Tire Americas, Inc. (Sailun) is recalling certain Sailun, RoadX, Blacklion, Blackhawk, and Ironhead brand tires, sizes ST235/80R16 and ST235/85R16 with DOT codes 2020 through 4120. Due to a manufacturing issue, the tires may experience a belt separation. Belt separation could lead to loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash. Sailun will replace the tires, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed in December 2021. Owners may contact Sailun customer service at 1-844-281-9696.

pjones1969

If you haven't yet, go to Sailuns web site and register your tires.

Peace
Dave
I‘m pretty sure I registered them right after I purchased them, I don‘t recall getting any confirmation back from them so I’m going to contact them next week and see if they have me in their system

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, date code, tire brand and size.
Size ST235/80R16 and ST235/85R16 brands Sailun, RoadX, Blacklion, Blackhawk and Ironhead.

Peace
Dave

pjones1969

I‘m pretty sure I registered them right after I purchased them, I don‘t recall getting any confirmation back from them so I’m going to contact them next week and see if they have me in their system
Call 1-800-739-7696, I spoke with a lady there, letters are going out this week, she took my address to ensure I get notified but she couldn't confirm if I was already in the system, said the instructions would be to contact a distributor from the dealer locator at gosailun.com and they would do the swap. I told her I had a hard time finding Sailun in my area and had to order them online, she said in that case the dealer would replace them with a comparable replacement (uh, no thanks) I called a dealer here in Dallas and they can get the Sailuns in a few days.

FL-JOE

My codes are 3820 so I guess mine will be included in recall. Good thing we aren’t on the road right now.

Dumboldles

I was able to get four replacement tires installed today. Mine were the 3820 code. I feel fortunate to be able to find a tire dealership able to find the replacement Sailums.

Last edited: