Saliun tires

currituck0209

I have a 2011 big horn, 3610re which has lt-235/85r/16 saliun tires, have not read much about them. I plan on getting good yrs., but dont wont to get rid of tires too soon. Any news on these tires.

jnbhobe

Not much that I have heard but my opinion of cheep tires isn't very good. Buy the Goodyears and sell the Saliuns to someone with a utility trailer.

Sandpirate69

I was able to locate the info. on the Sailum Tires. It's still made over seas and it has been certified by the US DOT, but so were the Towmax, which were on my rig. I had to go up to the 17.5 in rims to get the tires that would match my 7K Axles. I would be very careful with its use. If you have grandkids or kids, like me, I used my original tires for my kids swing & still have 3 more for a quick tire change. ;)

Last edited:

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Re: Sailun Tires

[QUOTE I plan on getting good yrs., but dont wont to get rid of tires too soon. Any news on these tires.[/QUOTE]
How many miles do you have on your Sailun tires? Any noticeable wear showing? I have the same tires and have been pleased thus far. Treadit was the supplier for these tires to Heartland and would still be using them if the costs had not been increased by the manufacturer. I too have not read much negative about these tires and watch the tire topics very closely.

Last edited:

Steadfast

Our 2011 3670RL came with the Saliun tires also. I did some studying and decided to keep them. From the reports, they seem to be reliable. I did install pressure monitors to be on the safe side.
The Good Years have their troubles that I have read about also.

Rob_Fla

We have been running Sailun tires for about a year now.
They are not a Cheap tire, acutally they weigh more than the GY G614.
They are a very heavy well made tire. They have a great track record in trailer service.
Sailun makes commercial trailer and semi truck tires, many truck service centers carry Sailun tires.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
I constantly hear about these bad tires and how dangerous they are! Then I hear of all the ones that have been purchased to replace them! In all honesty I have never heard of a quote "China Bomb" epidemic of destroyed RV's because of them. What I have heard of is blowouts with many of the high end names though such as Firestone, Goodyear and TOYO. Can anyone steer me to the places on the web that is stating all these blowouts with the tires that come on the Bighorns? Seems like everyone makes the statements that they are dangerous but there is no evidence to back it up? I have over 37000 miles on my Bighorn 3580RL and the original tires are holding up very well???????

wdk450

I went to the Tredit Tire presentation at the Gillette Rally. The presenter said that the lesser priced brands are now O.K. AS LONG AS THEY ARE 100% STEEL BELT, AND NOT STEEL/POLYESTER BLENDS. He didn't think the Goodyear Marathons were worth the price differential. I specifically asked him about Geostar trailer tires (which Les Schwab Tires stocks in the 235/85R 16 G ST). He had no problems with that brand now.

currituck0209

Thanks hoganc, i do believe i will stick with them for a while & install tpms on them. Thaks for your info. Really appreciate it.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I got over 12k miles out of mine and I was very happy with them.

They would have gone much further if I had kept them inflated properly.Which unfortunately, I did not.
They were all terribly underinflated when I checked them, which caused excessive edge wear. (My fault.)
I probably could have gotten 20k-25k miles out of them easily.

IMHO, they are far superior to average "China Bombs". Mine were also G rated,14 ply tires. Very sturdy.

Fyi, I replaced them with G614's, but only because it was the only G rated tire I could find at that moment. Trace

Last edited:

back2nature

We have those tires, came on the BigHorn from Heartland. We've got about 15K on them. At first, we were concerned because we heard so much bad about Chinese tires, but they are working out well for us, so far. Hubby checks the pressure almost every time we pull out of camp. That's important. watch your pressure. Should do that with any tire. We don't have a TPMS. We figured we would use them till they're read to retire, then maybe G614's.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)

Where does it state they are NOT strong enough? I am sure it doesn't simply because of the liability to Heartland if they were not?